GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Notables.....Why bother?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/01 at 20:55
Regular
What is the point in electing members to become 'Notables'

I used to say how it was and is a stupid idea of making some of the more longer running members more respect than other members (which quite frakly I don't think anyone deserves) however I now have another more relevant reason.

Does anyone really care whether they have regular or notable under their name? If so they must be very very sad people! When I read messages, although I take a look at who they are from, I don't look at their status and see if they're a notable or not. I don't care at all if they're notables or not.

No one here deserves any more respect than anyone else. Everyone should be treated the same, fairly and as equals, instead of being thought of as 'better'.

No member on this board is better than me. And I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else! Every member on this board has, or should have the same rights on this board (other than staff members who run the board).

If people want to sink so low as to vote for others in a 'notable' election, then that's fine by me. However why waste your time. People like me wont even notice if anyone else has 'notable' under their username.
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:55
Regular
What is the point in electing members to become 'Notables'

I used to say how it was and is a stupid idea of making some of the more longer running members more respect than other members (which quite frakly I don't think anyone deserves) however I now have another more relevant reason.

Does anyone really care whether they have regular or notable under their name? If so they must be very very sad people! When I read messages, although I take a look at who they are from, I don't look at their status and see if they're a notable or not. I don't care at all if they're notables or not.

No one here deserves any more respect than anyone else. Everyone should be treated the same, fairly and as equals, instead of being thought of as 'better'.

No member on this board is better than me. And I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else! Every member on this board has, or should have the same rights on this board (other than staff members who run the board).

If people want to sink so low as to vote for others in a 'notable' election, then that's fine by me. However why waste your time. People like me wont even notice if anyone else has 'notable' under their username.
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:56
Regular
And please excuse the spelling mistakes I made....

I noticed them just after I clicked 'Post This Message'
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:56
Regular
Zippit.
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:58
I agree Edgy.
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:01
Regular
Sniper wrote:
> Zippit.

Why should I bloody well shut up?

You want me to shut up cos if people start agreeing with me, you may lose your precious lil title notable!
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:02
Regular
Whatver goodnight.
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:06
Regular
Sniper wrote:
> Whatver goodnight.

Once again you have proved my point Sniper!

You think you are better than the rest of us! Well think again!

You are just one! A minority! There are more Regulars and Newbie's (A.k.A. Normal members) on here. You are small, just one member who has no more power over me than any other member (except for of course the staff members).

You don't deserve to have that poncy title under your name! You might as well replace "notable" with "Likes to be noticed" or "poser"

You are an attention seeker who likes to be admired for being a pompous lil (can't say it cos I don't want to get into any trouble on here)

So why don't you zippit!
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:12
Regular
lol! Edgy what's come on with you.
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:15
Regular
I'm jsut sick of this 'notable' thing taking up what are supposed to be "prime Topics" on FOG. They have nothing to do with the future of gaming and I know this has nothing to do with it either.

It's also when members on here talk about notables as if they worship them! It just makes me wonder about the sanity of some people on here....
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:16
Regular
So what? live with it! it's only a forum!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.