GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More exclusive PS2 games please!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/08/04 at 09:43
Regular
"boom boom click"
i want more only PS2 games coming to PS2. we had Final Fantasy until Nintendo nicked it and ruined it, and Vice City has gone to Xbox, so has MGS! infact can u name an exclusive PS2 title.
Mon 09/08/04 at 19:37
"period drama"
All I can think of is Ace Comabat 5.
And NICO (Ico 2), although things have gone quiet on that front.

That's about all PS2 can offer me at the moment. Everything else is either multi-format, or GC exclusive. The only XB game that really gets me going will be Fable.
Mon 09/08/04 at 10:07
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Coin wrote:
> witch-king wrote:
> What about Crystal Chronicles?
>
> Ummm...
>
> I don't remember that ever coming out on the PS2.
>
> I thought we were talking about games that had been released on a
> different console, not games made by the same production team on a
> different console...
>
> (Different game; similiar name.)

Did you actually read my post? The guy before said no FF games had been released on a rival console, but Crystal Chronicles was released on a rival console (GameCube).
Mon 09/08/04 at 09:23
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Marzman wrote:
> "Exclusive". The word means nothing in the game world.

I'm pretty sure that those with an Xbox, Gamecube and PS2, as well as Gamboy's and PC's (so that'd be everyone) would disagree because all the formats have key exclusives, Microsoft's early adverts for the Xbox stressed the "Only On Xbox" nature of many titles.

>My
> evidence for this, the Sony-rockstar deal being amended.

Er, well it was not amended. Rockstar signed a contract for platform exclusivity for a length of time - you forget that all of Rockstar's games also came out on the PC within months of the PS2 release - because Sony does not see PC's as a threat to the PS2 selling.

>The NES was
> mentioned earlier, sorry cannot be used- Nintendo had 97% of the
> market share with the Nintendo entertainment system but they where
> judged to have illegal rights to software developers

They weren't judged to have "illegal rights" at all. A European court ruled against Nintendo in an anti-competition case but this was not related to the actual manufacture of cartridges (the method which Nintendo used, and still uses, to control developers), this is so obvious because it continues to use GBA cartridges and GD Roms. Nothing at all illegal about that. You can use the NES as an example because in the early days for gaming on consoles - NES and Master System (exclusing the really old stuff like Atari's Coleco's etc) - most games were either on one format or the other, not both.

> and if I
> remember correctly that was at the time of the Sega genesis (mega
> drive) and we all know how that took off once that deal was kaput.

Not got any idea what you are actually on about here, but it's hardly fair to compare the NES to the Megadrive (8bit vs 16bit), and Sega largely kept control of cartrige manufacture for that system anyway, only EA could afford to do it's own and ironically their games costed more at the time (usually 44.99-49.99 - take note those who whine about game prices today!). Again, with the Megadrive and SNES a majority of games were still exclusive with mainly EA doing multiplatform. It wasn't really until the Playstation/Saturn/N64 era that exclusives began to drop, though the irony is that in recent history, those consoles with the highest number of real exclusives; Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, have all been the ones to sell worst.
Mon 09/08/04 at 07:42
Regular
" A ka Mr america"
yeah what of hitman
Mon 09/08/04 at 03:35
Regular
"Bicycle"
witch-king wrote:
> What about Crystal Chronicles?

Ummm...

I don't remember that ever coming out on the PS2.

I thought we were talking about games that had been released on a different console, not games made by the same production team on a different console...

(Different game; similiar name.)
Sun 08/08/04 at 22:58
"Was the man of marz"
"Exclusive". The word means nothing in the game world. My evidence for this, the Sony-rockstar deal being amended. The NES was mentioned earlier, sorry cannot be used- Nintendo had 97% of the market share with the Nintendo entertainment system but they where judged to have illegal rights to software developers and if I remember correctly that was at the time of the Sega genesis (mega drive) and we all know how that took off once that deal was kaput. What’s the desire for exclusive games- so the PS2 doesn’t look bad when you compare games like Driv3r on two consoles, plus the fun is having multi format games that are available to large amounts of people and that you can talk to about with your friends and all for enjoy. I would be personally be more concerned with the release dates on different consoles, and my example for this is Toca 2, not Gta
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:40
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
But it is on a rivsl console. And yes, it is awful.
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
What about it? It's Nintendo exclusive but also about as far removed from the traditional FF as any of the games, it's not even *shudder* good.
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:35
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Coin wrote:
> Ninjax wrote:
> i want more only PS2 games coming to PS2. we had Final Fantasy until
> Nintendo nicked it and ruined it,
>
> Ummm...
>
> FF was a Nintendo series originally... NES and SNES anyone?
>
> Plus they didn't steal it, it isn't on a rival console, but on a
> different platform of consoles - handhelds - which Sony doesn't
> currently have a stake in...

What about Crystal Chronicles?
Sun 08/08/04 at 19:08
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> Ace Combat though, there doesn't seem to be a worthy alternative on
> any other system yet.

Hurrah! Someone else who recognises this series (admittedly the first PS2 was the best yet) brilliance. Seen the E3 stuff of the new one yet? Looks pretty ace with plenty of new planes, wingman controls, more varied missions etc.

Except in the Xbox forum some idiots are convinced that Crimson Skies is the best console flight game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.