GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More exclusive PS2 games please!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/08/04 at 09:43
Regular
"boom boom click"
i want more only PS2 games coming to PS2. we had Final Fantasy until Nintendo nicked it and ruined it, and Vice City has gone to Xbox, so has MGS! infact can u name an exclusive PS2 title.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:13
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Who gives a damn about exclusives, I just want to play all the best games, and don't care who else gets to.
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Think you'll find Square ruined FF all by themselves, they didn't need anyone's help.

Can't say i'm bothered with PS2 exclusives now, i've bought a PS2 and can't really afford to or have enough time to warrant getting a second console. Exclusives are important to me for the first 2 years of a consoles life as that will be when i decide to either buy it or not, but once i do finally get a console they can have all the multi-format titles they like just as long as the games are appearing on the console i own to i don't care
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:06
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Because they have the worst ideas for games so sony won't buy them off nintendo.
Fri 13/08/04 at 09:07
Regular
"boom boom click"
We r gonna get Killzone and Jak3 of course. Why do nintendo have so many exclusives when they have the worst console sales?
Mon 09/08/04 at 21:11
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Marzman wrote:
> Exclusively for Stranger in paradise- which means everyone can read
> it!
> (Sorry for the use of extensive quotes, I didn’t think I had to in my
> last post but its obvious I do!)
>
> Not quite sure what you meant by “all the formats have key
> exclusives”, well yea but I was emphasising the titles that where
> exclusive to one format that then where amended to be released on
> other. According to the official Xbox magazine that is what happened
> with the Take 2, Sony deal. “Take 2, has amended its deal with Sony,
> allowing both games to now be released on other platforms”. See, have
> I done anything wrong there? Theirs no mention that “Rockstar signed
> a contract for platform exclusivity for a length of time”, I am only
> as good as my sources.
>
> I annoyingly, not on purpose cannot find the bit about the American
> courts ruling, and as I was talking about the genesis, the European
> courts don’t come into it. Stranger in paradise, you said “this was
> not related to the actual manufacture of cartridges”. I don’t
> remember saying that, I was referring to the actual “support for the
> dominant NES with its exclusive third-party developers”, that was in
> the view of one source, the reason for the failure of the master
> system. The genesis used arcade ports and with its 16bit processor it
> could handle these titles but I beleive it also received more third
> party support, so thats the point I was trying to make for its
> success (weither this was done by the courts or not). My comparison
> between the Genesis and NES, was purely because in America the NES
> was the console to beat for the Genesis for 2 years until Nintendo
> brought out the 16bit console they had been capable of since 1982,
> the Super Nintendo which did you know was designed so that americans
> couldn’t place a drink on top, which apparently happened with the NES
> with the obvious result.
>
> On to my main point of the last post “I would be personally be more
> concerned with the release dates between different consoles”, and
> this is my biggest annoyance of the xbox. Just one point about the
> “consoles with the highest number of real exclusives; Saturn, N64,
> Dreamcast, Gamecube, have all been the ones to sell worst”. The
> dreamcast exclusives where all cack arcade ports- and that’s an
> opinion so no angrey you’ve corrupted the gospel type responses. If
> I’ve missed anything or spelt anything wrong, I’ve ben writing this
> for too long, and peace out, search for the advancement of your
> knowledge, not the discrediting of others. Note: Sorry for the
> mistake of using Rockstar deal, rather than Take 2, I should have
> used my brain and gone with the publishing company

Anyone: Say, what?
Witch-king: Bad karma, I guess.
Mon 09/08/04 at 21:07
"period drama"
Marzman: shhh
Mon 09/08/04 at 20:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
and the Jak 3 intro looks seriously wack:

[URL]http://www.gametrailers.com/vault-j.html[/URL]

Most of the old characters including Ashelin, Torn, Pecker, Samos and someone who looks like the Baron.
Mon 09/08/04 at 20:40
"Was the man of marz"
Exclusively for Stranger in paradise- which means everyone can read it!
(Sorry for the use of extensive quotes, I didn’t think I had to in my last post but its obvious I do!)

Not quite sure what you meant by “all the formats have key exclusives”, well yea but I was emphasising the titles that where exclusive to one format that then where amended to be released on other. According to the official Xbox magazine that is what happened with the Take 2, Sony deal. “Take 2, has amended its deal with Sony, allowing both games to now be released on other platforms”. See, have I done anything wrong there? Theirs no mention that “Rockstar signed a contract for platform exclusivity for a length of time”, I am only as good as my sources.

I annoyingly, not on purpose cannot find the bit about the American courts ruling, and as I was talking about the genesis, the European courts don’t come into it. Stranger in paradise, you said “this was not related to the actual manufacture of cartridges”. I don’t remember saying that, I was referring to the actual “support for the dominant NES with its exclusive third-party developers”, that was in the view of one source, the reason for the failure of the master system. The genesis used arcade ports and with its 16bit processor it could handle these titles but I beleive it also received more third party support, so thats the point I was trying to make for its success (weither this was done by the courts or not). My comparison between the Genesis and NES, was purely because in America the NES was the console to beat for the Genesis for 2 years until Nintendo brought out the 16bit console they had been capable of since 1982, the Super Nintendo which did you know was designed so that americans couldn’t place a drink on top, which apparently happened with the NES with the obvious result.

On to my main point of the last post “I would be personally be more concerned with the release dates between different consoles”, and this is my biggest annoyance of the xbox. Just one point about the “consoles with the highest number of real exclusives; Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, have all been the ones to sell worst”. The dreamcast exclusives where all cack arcade ports- and that’s an opinion so no angrey you’ve corrupted the gospel type responses. If I’ve missed anything or spelt anything wrong, I’ve ben writing this for too long, and peace out, search for the advancement of your knowledge, not the discrediting of others. Note: Sorry for the mistake of using Rockstar deal, rather than Take 2, I should have used my brain and gone with the publishing company
Mon 09/08/04 at 20:39
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Check out the ratchet and clank 3 trailer:

[URL]http://www.gametrailers.com/vault-r.html[/URL]
Mon 09/08/04 at 20:30
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I'll be getting the new Ratchet and Jak games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.