GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madden 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Madden NFL 2005'.
Sun 22/08/04 at 13:15
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Genius. Picked this up last week in America, and loving it.

Buy it. Now. Unless you're gerrid, in which case, er...

End.
Fri 27/08/04 at 11:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And chipseh I'm impressed. Now all you need to do is block a punt or a field goal (something that you can't ever really do in 2004), and return a punt for a touchdown.

Is the old Madden challenge still in the game?
Fri 27/08/04 at 11:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Cooky, 2004 is pretty full of the same stuff. Honestly, 2005 plays a much better game of football, a more enjoyable one.
Fri 27/08/04 at 10:17
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I received the ball from a kickoff, right at the back of the field, and ran the whole length and scored a TD.... oh yes. I saved the replay, too.

I then went on to fake a field goal, and gained two points for a successful conversion. Genius.
Fri 27/08/04 at 10:12
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Sounds overly complicated n stuff. I don't care too much for frilly extras with sports titles like this. It's the sort of game that I'd just pick up and play every now and again. Think I'll just get 2004 at some point.

:)
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh I posted your answer but it was deleted by that staff cripple.

Basically, much more control over defense, more intelligent corner-backs increasing the challenge and variety of the single player game. The new hit-stick which allows you to gamble everything on gut-busting tackles, along with new defensive playmaker controls,which allow you to change assignments and shift formations on the fly before the snap.

In owner mode, there is a new radio station with interviews with the players, a local and national newspaper with match and team information, new storylines involving players and their morale, how they want to move teams as they aren't playing enough, how they don't get on with the coaching staff etc. Also I believe there are new match highlights and the superbowl finally has some hype around it. You can also change player positions and make your Left Guard your Full back, for instance, if you are so inclined.

Basically, 2004 is the leper-child of 2005.
Thu 26/08/04 at 23:22
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between 2005 and 2004 versions? I was thinking of investing in the 2004 edition at some point soonish.

:)
Wed 25/08/04 at 13:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ha, you wish, Nashville.
Wed 25/08/04 at 13:57
Regular
"Teal'c"
Did you see the game last night? The Titans beat the Eagles 31-3.

Eh gerrid? EH EH.
Wed 25/08/04 at 11:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And if you're going to be getting into football games, you really should already own ESPN NFL 2k5. It's got everything that Madden hasn't and is only about $20 in the states. I dunno if you can get it over here , but probably. It's also online.
Wed 25/08/04 at 11:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah it is online.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.