GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most dissapointing games ever"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/06/01 at 22:07
Regular
We have encountered the odd lame game, well actually alot of poor games such as Ridge Racer 5 and Fantasvision,but what games do u reckon let you down.

I say balck and white.It promised so much but lets us down with its repetative gameplay,and LIONHEAD,where is the fun factor.(please note=this is my personal opinion)

so what games were lame
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:07
We have encountered the odd lame game, well actually alot of poor games such as Ridge Racer 5 and Fantasvision,but what games do u reckon let you down.

I say balck and white.It promised so much but lets us down with its repetative gameplay,and LIONHEAD,where is the fun factor.(please note=this is my personal opinion)

so what games were lame
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:09
Regular
your the first perosn that i have heard to say that Black & white is poor. I have usually heard great comments about it and was thinking of buying it. Is it really that bad in your opinion? please expand a bit more.
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:18
Well i was having this disscussion with another person on here and I sold it because it just feels very samey,It seems as though you do all the same things through all the levels.I mean sure you can grow your creature to what you want him to be but it is hardly what i call fun,You throw a ball and he gets it,it is like paying 700 quid for a pc that runs a tamagotchi game.I found it very boring.I had very high hopes for it because it looked amazing and looked very different from what was on the market at that time but failed to live up to my exspectations.

if I was you I would borrow it from a friend or play it for more than 3 hours and see what you think after that because it is only till then you relaise if you like it or not.

When i first played it i thought it was brilliant but after the third odd level it got very repetative.
Play it and see what you think.

Hope its helped
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:20
Regular
yeah thanx for the advice man. Just one question, did u like pokemon at all? the gameplay in that could be considered repetitive. Just that i thought pokemon was a quality game from the start to the finish.
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:25
To be quite honest,i loved the original,fighting all those trainers and collecting pokemon,but after the 28th release under the franchise,it did get very boring,a case of Nintendo milking pokemon for all its worth,but good luck to Nintendo for doing so.
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:27
Regular
It still is going pritty strong. Gold and silver broke a few records in the US for fastest selling game. But how long can the pokemon thing last? till they run out of colours?
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:28
Regular
"Back For Good"
Dino Crises was a complete disapointment.

I LOVE the Resident Evil series and a complete 3D game with Dinosaurs based on the gamplay of Resident Evil I though Oh man this is gona be great. I buy the game for £10 brand new from EB which wasn't bad.

I give it a go and it was great a dinosaur came out of nowhere and actacked Regina and it could have used the analog buttons seen how it used the dual shock but it was ok,The acting was good but after a while i just got so bored with looking in half a million rooms looking for some stupid item that i didn't play it.

I gave it another go some time after and got so sick of some of it's strange puzzles and the overall gameplay that after about 6 hours of it, very near the end I'm told I couldn't be bothered even getting it out of the case.

Then shortly after my PS2 card naffed up and i lost the whole game save, (( what a shame ))

I’ve heard the sequel is supposed to be better but with the original game so bad and dino crises 3 on the xbox I really couldn’t give a
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:28
aint they got a green one comming out,it is beyond a joke but if they get the money,then why not as long as they keep those top quality GBA games comming,not to mention the GC progress
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:44
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I actually like Ridge Racer 5. It was a good racer while it lasted and it was the game I played on most when I first got my PS2 on Nov 24th.
Wed 20/06/01 at 22:44
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ariel the Little Mermaid for the Megadrive was rubbish. My sister bought it, played it once, completed it because it was in the house and then never played it again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.