GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sold My Cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/08/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Tis' true.

And theres nothing you can do about it!

Mwahahahaha!!!

[S]Blame Ninty for not releasing any decent games in the summer, they dont realise during the 6 weeks Holidays kids like me dont have LIVES!
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:58
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Then again would you call: Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil,
> Splinter CEll: Pandora Tommorrow, Phantasy Star Online Episode 3:
> Card Battles, Kirby's Air Ride, Mario Golf, Harvest Moon, R-Racing
> plus Pacman, Resident Evil: Code Veronica x, Metal Gear Solid: The
> Twin Snakes, Pokemon Colloseum and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
> a slow year?

Judging by that list if I still owned my Cube I would have bought Harvest Moon this year and that's it. Slow year? dried up snail paced more like.
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
gerrid wrote:
> Erm what's wrong with Phantasy Star, Harvest Moon and Final Fantasy?
> They weren't made by Nintendo...

Yeah but none of those games, to my knowledge, made an appearance on another console.

(I realise Twin Snakes didn't really, but porting a PSOne title onto Gamecube, giving it a touchup, and calling it a major release just isn't acceptable.)
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:57
Regular
Oh, and so far Nintendo releases this year have been, on a whole, crappy, yet the XBox has had a lot of killer titles, week in week out. Ther have only been 2 or 3 Nintendo titles that really interested me.

Although I do think by the end of the year Nintendo's 2004 will have been superior.
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:54
Regular
Kirby Air Ride is great you fool. :-P
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Erm what's wrong with Phantasy Star, Harvest Moon and Final Fantasy? They weren't made by Nintendo...
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Dringo wrote:
> If that was the Gamecube's release schedule... I certainly would.
>
> Especially as half of them are third party games.

And then...

> Then again would you call: Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil,
> Splinter CEll: Pandora Tommorrow
, Phantasy Star Online Episode 3:
> Card Battles, Kirby's Air Ride, Mario Golf, Harvest Moon, R-Racing
> plus Pacman, Resident Evil: Code Veronica x, Metal Gear Solid: The
> Twin Snakes
, Pokemon Colloseum and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
> a slow year?

I'm sorry Dringo but I find it a little hard to defend you here...

EDIT: Especially when you include the utter pap that is Kirby Air Ride in your arguement.
Sat 28/08/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mav wrote:
> What is it with people and wanting new things?

I'm not getting rid of my GC because of a poor release schedule, not that I've really bothered looking at any schedules in a while. A few of you will probably have realised that I've been losing interest in games, and I'm hardly ever on this site anymore, certainly nowhere near as much as I used to be anyway. I'm just getting rid of my Cube because I already have a PS2 and X-Box, and they're providing more than enough games for me now.
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:47
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Dringo wrote:
> Especially as half of them are third party games.

erm...so?
Sat 28/08/04 at 16:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
What are you talking about, Kirby's Air ride and Code Veronica. Get a grip Dringo.

And what about Eyetoy? I'd hardly call that 'nothing special' for the PS2.
Sat 28/08/04 at 11:44
Regular
If that was the Gamecube's release schedule... I certainly would.

Especially as half of them are third party games.

Then again would you call: Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil, Splinter CEll: Pandora Tommorrow, Phantasy Star Online Episode 3: Card Battles, Kirby's Air Ride, Mario Golf, Harvest Moon, R-Racing plus Pacman, Resident Evil: Code Veronica x, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Pokemon Colloseum and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles a slow year?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.