GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is anyone else gettin their GBA on wednesday?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/06/01 at 20:53
Regular
I went to my local games shop in Tamworth (anyone know it?). With part exchange i got a glacier GBA and F-ZERO for £73. They said I could come and pick it up on the 19TH!!! Is anyone else gettin their GBA this early? Also what other game shall i get??!?!
Thu 21/06/01 at 18:31
got my gba this mornin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it rocks
Wed 20/06/01 at 20:18
Regular
Mischeif wrote:
> get mario kart advance 4 a fun game
the cute graphics rule and it
> is so much better than konami krazy racers (i got it in US).

That's because Krazy Racers is a clone type game of MArio Kart....

rayman
> advance looks fun, but is a copy of the psone game

Not a copy...but a port

tony hawks 2 is
> amazin 4 the gb advance and it kick ass!!

I'll probably get it on Friday

mario is a gr8 game for
> fans of the man or genre, but not much improvement apart from the
> new characters

New characters? If you mean Luigi, Toad and Princess then try playing Super Mario Bros 2 on the NES and SNES. They were in it then!
Wed 20/06/01 at 19:40
get mario kart advance 4 a fun game
the cute graphics rule and it is so much better than konami krazy racers (i got it in US).
rayman advance looks fun, but is a copy of the psone game
tony hawks 2 is amazin 4 the gb advance and it kick ass!!
mario is a gr8 game for fans of the man or genre, but not much improvement apart from the new characters
Wed 20/06/01 at 18:14
i couldnt believe it i went in on wednesday and they sed the delivery had been delayed so i could pick it up 2mora mornin!!!!!!!! so i spent all day twiddlin my thumbs and tonight ill just watch a crap film till i go to sleep then bingo! only 1 day before but still 1 day is better than fiday. thanks for the help and keep the suggestions comin so far i think ill go for an accessory or a last min dicision on a game.
Wed 20/06/01 at 17:44
Regular
"Back in black"
GBA on Wednesday- today!! man you are lucky. You are getting it very cheap. We all have to wait two day plus get all the moeny together.

You want advice on a release game to get? Well F Zero X is supposed to be one of the best release games. If you are into orignallity go for Kuru Kuru Kurin- a stick that spins 'how stupid'. Well no, looks rather good and addictive.

If you are into racing, check out F Zero or Advance GTA. They both look fast and have great graphics.

That may view.

By the way- have you actually got your GBA yet??
Wed 20/06/01 at 14:53
Regular
Not too sure about that, I played F-Zero and it looked more like sprites to me.
Wed 20/06/01 at 14:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Juz wrote:
> Apparantly it has the power of a 32-bit console but can't display polygons.

Yes it can display polygons as the ships in F-Zero are polygons and the characters in Tony Hawks are made out of polygons. I've also seen the Yoshi Demo for GBA and that is made out of polygons.
Wed 20/06/01 at 14:30
Well I'll know not to write in here again, you guys don't argue with points I've raised or support your want for the GBA! My comments must have been 100% correct and you're feeling guilty for wanting a GBA!
Tue 19/06/01 at 11:33
Regular
Resevilfan wrote:
I'm not too keen on paying £30 for a snes/PS1 type
> game.

thats a reason why i dont want to get one. Most of the games are very similar to snes games and i can pick them up 2nd hand for less than a fiver a go. i've got all stars on the snes and yeah its class. Maybe playing it on the move could be fun. I suppose unitl i have actually held the GBA in my hand i will not be tempted to buy one. £30 for a game is far too expensive though.
Mon 18/06/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Back For Good"
The game boy advanced looks pretty sweet even though the speaker is a fair bad place where your palm is gona completly cover it but still it's good.

Although i have more than enough money for the GBA, I'm not too keen on paying £30 for a snes/PS1 type game.Maybe when some good titles are around like res evil gaiden.

I'd get super mario all stars if it's on it because it's pure class.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.