GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is anyone else gettin their GBA on wednesday?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/06/01 at 20:53
Regular
I went to my local games shop in Tamworth (anyone know it?). With part exchange i got a glacier GBA and F-ZERO for £73. They said I could come and pick it up on the 19TH!!! Is anyone else gettin their GBA this early? Also what other game shall i get??!?!
Tue 26/06/01 at 11:51
Okay maybe your right, you do after all have one and I don't but from what I hear and read so far polygons cannot be displayed or used on a GBA. For instance if there is to be a FPS then it will be like doom (sprites), I will check out this web site though as you seem confident that this Yoshi game is using polygons.

Mode 7 by the way to that person is what mario kart (the original and GBA version) use and its basically like a three dimensional view of tracks and stuff coming towards you with up right pipes and stuff however the track is completely flat (although different textures help make it look 3D) and the pipes are flat but always face you so you just see the one view of the pipe replicating a 3d view.
Tue 26/06/01 at 11:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Juz, I've seen 3D games for the GBA on TV. I've seen the Yoshi Demo. Go and download a GBA emulator and find the Yoshi demo and see if they arent what you call really polygons. I had F-Zero and when that started and you could pick your ship they looked like polygons as in they looked 3D.
Mon 25/06/01 at 20:15
An import GBA is $90-$100 plus p&p. You're probably better off buying it from UKgames because it'll end up cheaper.
Mon 25/06/01 at 19:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
how much is the GBA in the US? I don't know whether to get one on Import or one from the UK.
Mon 25/06/01 at 19:33
Regular
Of course Polygons are able to be seen on the GBA!

A polygon is a flat shape!

(Unless of course I'm mixing that word with another similar word....)
Mon 25/06/01 at 18:23
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i got mine on thursday the 20th ! for £100 no part exchange which is pretty good
Mon 25/06/01 at 12:37
Can anyone explain to me what Mode 7 is? I know that its a graphics thing used in Stunt Race Fx, but I would liie to know more details please. Also, has GBA got this feature?
Mon 25/06/01 at 10:41
look I promise you that polygons are just about impossible to be seen on a GBA. IT's as powerful as a SNES without any form of 3D engine, if there is to be any polygon games they will look worse then star wing on the SNES and it will be an added form of hardware that is built into the cartridge.
Fri 22/06/01 at 09:57
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yes Juz I do know what polygons are. You havent seen the Yoshi demo then as that is a statute of Yoshi revolving around and its made up of polygons. I've seen the demo I have seen F-zero on the GBA, when you select the vehicles they look like polygons. The characters in Tony Hawks are made up of a few hundred polygons. I've seen tv shows where they were talking to a developer that only developed for the Gameboy. On the show they showed a 3D polygon racing game for the GBA, it actually looked kinda crap because the GBA cant show loads of polygons but it can show some.
Fri 22/06/01 at 08:26
> Juz wrote:
> Apparantly it has the power of a 32-bit console but
> can't display polygons.

adrian wrote:
Yes it can display polygons as the ships
> in F-Zero are polygons and the characters in Tony Hawks are made out
> of polygons. I've also seen the Yoshi Demo for GBA and that is made
> out of polygons.

Eh? Do you actually know what polygons are?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.