GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Second Sight, then ..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Second Sight'.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:49
"period drama"
I think any game where the review is purposely vague so as to not ruin the experience for the player is well worth a look.
Rather excited, like I haven't been for a while.

But I only ordered it yesterday, so it may or may not come on Friday.

Who's buying?
Lots of you, I hope. It's one of the games like BG&E and PoP that could just not sell for no apparent reason.
Tue 07/09/04 at 19:36
"period drama"
Got it today - at first I wasn't too impressed and just ended up legging to to the exit. But then I learnt how to use powers + guns + cover properly, and everything rocked most enjoyably.

Up to the 7th level already, and I think that's about half way through, so I should probably slow up a bit. Too much fun though - especially when your floaty power gets upgraded so you can pick people up, I spent about half an hour hiding in the air ducts flinging guards around.

The controls are pretty good, I thought - no problems going behind cover. And though the camera can be a bit annoying, you get 3 viewpoints to choose from anytime you want, so no real complaints.

Bloody gorgeous, as well.
Tue 07/09/04 at 20:19
Regular
I'm always right.
Tue 07/09/04 at 20:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Got up to the bit where you have to guide Jayne out, except I got stuck by a door and shot her in the head. Her scream really made me feel guilty :|
Tue 07/09/04 at 23:21
Regular
I'm in a serious money trouble at the moment I wish I could get the game.
Wed 08/09/04 at 00:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Played a little more, the flashback where you're told *someone* is going to be killed.. and then they aren't.. I guess I have that still to come. Except now I'm back in the present in the Sewers, which is I think the level NGC hated.
Oh, and for anyone else who's got this far, didn't it seem strange that when

*SPOILERS*

Jon got his powers from the projected kid in the flashback, and presumbably that was the first time he'd ever had them, he didn't wonder what they were or why he had them, he just babbled to the colnel about their discovery of US technology among the soldiers they'd just killed? Oh well.
Wed 08/09/04 at 18:10
"period drama"
Got all the powers now - possession is great fun - and just finished the sewer level (it's not that bad)

I hope you can unlock some cheats if you finish the game like infinite powers - and I'd love it if you were able to replay the earlier levels with all the powers. We'll see, I suppose.
Wed 08/09/04 at 19:03
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Got all the powers now - possession is great fun - and just finished
> the sewer level (it's not that bad)
>
> I hope you can unlock some cheats if you finish the game like
> infinite powers - and I'd love it if you were able to replay the
> earlier levels with all the powers. We'll see, I suppose.

Nope you dont sadly..
Wed 08/09/04 at 19:10
"period drama"
Poops. That's just mean.
Ah well, I'll still probably play it through again.
Wed 08/09/04 at 20:29
Regular
Yea its a good laugh to play it again but I knew what I had to do this time, so the element of suprise is gone but I have to say that they a good job on it especially the storyline a few other things let it down slightly so I would give it about 85% at best its good but could be better.
Now all we need is them to make another single player based game again :D
Just imagine what they've learnt from making this game that they could implement in their next project (maybe they'll have a proper storyline in the next Timesplitters!)
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:40
"period drama"
The story sounds pretty decent in the next TS, actually.
And the blokey has a so-called 'gravity watch' - so the floaty power will make a wonderfully over-exaggerted return, I'm sure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.