GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Second Sight, then ..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Second Sight'.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:49
"period drama"
I think any game where the review is purposely vague so as to not ruin the experience for the player is well worth a look.
Rather excited, like I haven't been for a while.

But I only ordered it yesterday, so it may or may not come on Friday.

Who's buying?
Lots of you, I hope. It's one of the games like BG&E and PoP that could just not sell for no apparent reason.
Sun 12/09/04 at 13:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> If you think about it, the flashbacks can't be just that. He must be
> actually going back in time - or else, when he comes back to the
> present, he slips into an alternate dimention. It doesn't make much
> sense.
>
> Ah well.
> Only a game ...
>
> He's possessing himself with psychic powers through time.
> Obviously.

Heh, all is explained at the end. :)

It's quite clever really.

Even though it doesn't really work.
Sun 12/09/04 at 13:23
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> If you think about it, the flashbacks can't be just that. He must be
> actually going back in time - or else, when he comes back to the
> present, he slips into an alternate dimention. It doesn't make much
> sense.
>
> Ah well.
> Only a game ...

He's possessing himself with psychic powers through time.
Obviously.
Sun 12/09/04 at 12:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's a shame the public will probably buy only one or the other :(
Sat 11/09/04 at 23:04
Regular
Second Sight got to number 6 in the all format charts, so well done to it.

It's how long it stays in the top ten that'll be the real test of its success.

I'd expect PSi-ops to go against it.
Sat 11/09/04 at 22:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Wow, so finished it this afternoon. My final impressions (no spoilers): I completed the game in ten hours and I thought I took the scenic route, so yeh, it's a short game. Even Metal Gear took me longer. And there is nothing unlocked when you complete it which is a shame, although there's always the Challenging mode to play through (woo..).

Ok, so any plot holes I was moaning about are kinda covered by the ending which as I thought turns things around a bit but it's actually pretty clever. The ending video is to short I thought.. The ending is open enough for there to be a sequel I guess, although I don't know based on sales if there will be one. Hope so. I was looking forward to a big boss fight at the end.. but there wasn't really. And the bad guy.. well that bit is kinda lame.

Anyways, great game even if short, totally recommend if you don't have it. I'm going to be going back and playing missions randomly again.. it's just such a fun game, playing around with guards and soldiers with your psychic powers :D
Fri 10/09/04 at 22:09
Regular
I traded in 5 pieces of crap (Turok Evolution, Godzilla, Tony Hawks 3, Doshin and Rogue Leader) for Second Sight today. Under the new GAME deal.

Mucho impressed.
Fri 10/09/04 at 20:53
"period drama"
If you think about it, the flashbacks can't be just that. He must be actually going back in time - or else, when he comes back to the present, he slips into an alternate dimention. It doesn't make much sense.

Ah well.
Only a game ...
Fri 10/09/04 at 18:30
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I am enjoying playing it alot.. picking people up and chucking them off cliffs, possessing them so they kill all their mates and then suicide off a very tall tower.. Mwhaha.

Ok. So now I'm in the base thing and I'm going to go have to find some children, and things are getting very, very weird. I get that people say things have happend, and then they don't happen (as you flash back and "change" the course of events).. but that's more timetravel than psychicness..

A few plot holes though.. How Jon alone is able to see/do psychic stuff. How Jayne knew he could to recruit him. Like when Jon gets his powers in the flashback.. no explanation. What the hell the "Enigma" cut-scene is about and how that fits in. I guess it'll all be explained in the end (plus where Jayne/Starke and the rest of WinterICE are now)

Oh and I bet it has some retarded "shock" ending.. like it was all a dream. :P
Wed 08/09/04 at 23:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Got all the powers now - possession is great fun - and just finished
> the sewer level (it's not that bad)

I take it when you flip the switch that unlocks the doors, you have to go back the way you came to help Jayne? She seems rather prone to getting killed..
Wed 08/09/04 at 22:40
"period drama"
The story sounds pretty decent in the next TS, actually.
And the blokey has a so-called 'gravity watch' - so the floaty power will make a wonderfully over-exaggerted return, I'm sure.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.