GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MOH: Pacific Assault demo out!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Medal Of Honour: Pacific Assault'.
Fri 03/09/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Downloading from Filefront as I speak...
Sat 04/09/04 at 19:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I saw people playing this on Xbox today, and it looked decent enough, even though the game relied heavily on fire and manouvre and flanking tactics. The people that I watched playing it (as my version was loading) didn't use it and just tried to shoot the enemy head on, but not even one of their shots connected. Didn't look like much fun, to be honest, but I didn't get to play it as my version (along with 3 out of the 4 booths) crashed. Looked very authentic even if you do play most of the game looking through the sight of your gun.
Sat 04/09/04 at 18:51
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Azul wrote:
> Brothers in Arms?

A detailed description:

It's another WWII FPS, but one that seems to be trying to be the most realistic to date. You don't play a made up character in the game, you play a real soldier who actually fought during the war. Every battle you will fight are the exact same battles the character and his men fought during the war, every building is recreated to exact detail from old photographs and eyewitness accounts, and the developers have even got the exact time Allied ships shelled towns on the morning of the D-Day landings.

It's team orientated as well, you control two small firteams, one to cover your men, another to assault, though rather than a complex system every action you give to your troops will be done with simple button presses from the mouse. Great looking graphics, some impressive looking AI and more authenticity than COD and MOH combined should make it a very interesting, and hopefully very enjoyable war game that remains faithful to those who actually fought during the conflict.

If you can, check out the Talkthrough video, it's on last months PCG and features an in depth look at the game with one of the developers and the tactical advisor, who has an annoying habit to shout out "Oooh, Good Shot" every time the developer shoots someone.
Sat 04/09/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Oooooh, I've just watched the trailer on their site, and it looks bloody good.

The trailer looks like it should be shown in cinemas though...
Sat 04/09/04 at 16:18
Regular
I'm pretty much a God at MOH online. I can probably own most of you, but I'll give you a game sometime anyway :0D
Sat 04/09/04 at 16:12
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Brothers in Arms?

What's that about then?
Sat 04/09/04 at 12:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Azul wrote:
> CoD pwns MoH:AA any day.
> Yes.
>
> Pwns.

Can't say fairer than that. Trouble with the MOH games is, they aint that realistic. I saw a video last night where you can actually control a fighter plane and shoot down dozens of aircraft, while another I saw not too long ago sahowed the character gunning down hundreds of soldiers who charged him with swords.

I'm sure Pacific Assault will be fun an all, but personally, I think the COD expansion and the forthcoming, and hyper realistic Brothers in Arms will be better.
Sat 04/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
CoD pwns MoH:AA any day.
Yes.

Pwns.
Sat 04/09/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I do play on them nearly everyday...
Sat 04/09/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Teal'c"
Mmmmm Capture the Flag.

V2 CtF Sniper only severs is where it's at.

And why do I get the feeling you know those I.Ps off by heart..
Sat 04/09/04 at 12:14
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
That's for Freezetag and Capture the flag, 213.253.57.25:12204 is for regular Objective.

Uh-huh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.