GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MOH: Pacific Assault demo out!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Medal Of Honour: Pacific Assault'.
Fri 03/09/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Downloading from Filefront as I speak...
Sun 05/09/04 at 22:27
Regular
Reefer wrote:
> Mode wrote:
> Reefer wrote:
> Azul wrote:
> CoD isn't a MOH game.
>
> And what are you on about?
>
> It's probably one of the best endings to an FPS ever.
>
> I never said it was a MoH game. Read my post again. And the ending
> was cack, in my opinion. Red Faction, for example, is an FPS with an
> ending 10x better.
>
> Red Faction ending was crap. Although i dont remember, could you
> refresh my memory.
>
> It was the whole thing with defusing the bomb. I loved it.

Yes that was good, shame the second game did not live up to its standard.
Red-Faction could have been made into a franchise but instead it was crap.
Sun 05/09/04 at 22:25
Regular
Mode wrote:
> Reefer wrote:
> Azul wrote:
> CoD isn't a MOH game.
>
>
>
> ending 10x better.
>
> Red Faction ending was crap. Although i dont remember, could you
> refresh my memory.

It was the whole thing with defusing the bomb. I loved it.
Sun 05/09/04 at 22:24
Regular
Reefer wrote:
> Azul wrote:
> CoD isn't a MOH game.
>
>
>
> ending 10x better.

Red Faction ending was crap. Although i dont remember, could you refresh my memory.
Sun 05/09/04 at 22:21
Regular
Azul wrote:
> CoD isn't a MOH game.
>
>

I never said it was a MoH game. Read my post again. And the ending was cack, in my opinion. Red Faction, for example, is an FPS with an ending 10x better.
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:47
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Scope wrote:
> Also.. CoD isn't EA influenced.

Who said it was?

Though after developing Allied Assault, developers 2015 split up. Some stayed to develop Pacific Assault, another group is developing the forthcoming Nam shooter Men of Valour, while the rest went on to create the developer Infinity Ward, and subsequently made Call of Duty.
Sun 05/09/04 at 15:57
Regular
MoH: RS sucked, I guess MoH: PA is just the same but with a few bells added on and a few new maps?

What was Allied Assault like?
Sun 05/09/04 at 15:28
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
CoD isn't a MOH game.

And what are you on about?

It's probably one of the best endings to an FPS ever.
Sun 05/09/04 at 15:25
Regular
CoD had a terrible ending. As did all of the MoH games.
Sun 05/09/04 at 14:28
Regular
Also.. CoD isn't EA influenced.
Sat 04/09/04 at 20:58
Regular
"A man with a stick"
MOH: PA, billed as the most authentic WWII Shooter around, according to the demo. What balls that statement is.

Spent all day downloading this and found it to be quite under whelming. It’s EA so the graphics are good, some nice new facial expressions and other nice little touches that don’t really add a whole lot to the game. My main gripe though, include:

AI - or lack of, the soldiers in this game are as stupid as they are in previous MOH games. Enemies charge stupidly with bayonets while your pummelling them with machine gun fire, from long distance too. It’s not rare to see a Japanese soldier a few feet away pick up his gun and come running, giving you plenty of time to gun him down. Allies do their whole running about and hiding behind cover thing, you can order them about a bit but as far as I could tell this really did little to make you feel in command.

Level Design - I was hoping for more, wide open environments this time around, and while there still may be open levels in the full game, the demo felt too restrictive. You get to run around a small base and a airfield, nothing much to write home about and the lack of freedom means you’re stuck with boringly linear routes to each objective.

Gameplay - Game play is as follows; go here, gun down dozens of Japanese soldiers, listen to your squad mates waffle on, repeat to fade. It’s like serious sam wrapped up in a WWII setting with unrelenting, moronic bayonet charges by the enemy with you just stood their shooting in every direction until they’re all dead. Authentic! Pfft, the Japanese where pretty ruthless towards the yanks during the pacific conflict, and that fact doesn’t seem to have been translated well in this game.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad demo, in fact I found it to be quite fun in a brainless kind of way, and EA certainly have knack for creating cinematic type games, with planes buzzing over head, runways being strafed by fighter aircraft and proper Hollywood score to wrap things up in. But after CoD there’s little in the demo that make’s me think there’s something worth waiting for in the full version. Personally I’m anticipating United Offensive more than this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.