GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3D games on The GBA"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/06/01 at 18:53
Regular
Anyone remember Starwing for the SNES, thats was 3D so if the SNES can do it why not the GBA. Just think in a years time you could be playing Lylat Wars Advance.
Maybe we can have a series of Star Fox Adventures games on both GC and GBA. I think there is alot more to come out of the GBA, there making Doom for it so why not Perfect Dark. Doom graphics on GBA can't be bad can it?
Thu 12/07/01 at 21:30
i would like to see tomb raider apear on GBA but not across the screen game i (mean) like the pc and playstation version .
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:52
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Some one (I *think* Bonus) explains Mode 7 very well to everyone a while back. Here's what I got:

On the GBA mode 7 is called mode 2. There are several different modes. All Mode 7 does is allow you to independantly rotate sprites independantly... what use that has for 3d games???

Now, as for 3D games on the GBA. Why? The screen is so small you could never have really great 3D worlds. Hence most developers will just use ray-tracing, or the system used on Mario cart whereby the whole game is 2d, but the mode 7 system is used to stretch the map so it looks like it is going into the distance.

Sonic
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:33
Games should include both ways.
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:18
hes has a very valid point or are u not a 3rd person shooter type???
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:06
If you look closely at doom you will find that doom and Wolfienstein 3d beta 7... Are the ones who started the productions of the 3d shoot em up games like goldeneye Turok 2 & 3 halflife quake 2 & 3 and many more...
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
They say Doom was the best ever - Try playing it now -

Ugghghghghghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

IT IS SO BORING!!!

(and grey, dull, bloody,etc........yawn)
Thu 12/07/01 at 19:45
just thought id let u guys know.....its called 4x4 off-road racers....or something along those lines, also it has not got a publisher and is open market
Thu 12/07/01 at 18:20
there is a 3D game planned, its some off road racer, the name escapes me now, but it creates the illusion of 3D by rendering voxells. besides te consoles just come out!!! wiat and see.....there will be 3D games out soon....heres a question for u lot.......will tekken advance be 3D or 2D????? what do u think??
Sun 08/07/01 at 18:08
That Demo was made by Crawfish and is now Ecks vs server
Sun 08/07/01 at 15:50
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
They showed a demo of a first person 3D game on the GBA but I don't know if it will actually make it as a game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.