GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3D games on The GBA"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/06/01 at 18:53
Regular
Anyone remember Starwing for the SNES, thats was 3D so if the SNES can do it why not the GBA. Just think in a years time you could be playing Lylat Wars Advance.
Maybe we can have a series of Star Fox Adventures games on both GC and GBA. I think there is alot more to come out of the GBA, there making Doom for it so why not Perfect Dark. Doom graphics on GBA can't be bad can it?
Sat 16/06/01 at 18:53
Anyone remember Starwing for the SNES, thats was 3D so if the SNES can do it why not the GBA. Just think in a years time you could be playing Lylat Wars Advance.
Maybe we can have a series of Star Fox Adventures games on both GC and GBA. I think there is alot more to come out of the GBA, there making Doom for it so why not Perfect Dark. Doom graphics on GBA can't be bad can it?
Sat 16/06/01 at 21:50
Iridion 3D is a Starwing like game but it uses a 2d scrolling background that repeats itself to give the sense that it is 3d. Tony Hawks pro Skater uses a few hundred polygons per skater.

I don't know if the Gameboy has the capabilities of the SNES FX chip that allows a lot of polygons to cross the screen simeltaneously like Stunt racer FX and Starwing 2 (Jap)
Wed 20/06/01 at 12:25
Ecks Vs Sever , its the first 3D game i've seen.
Its looks like Doom in graphics quality. It has deathmatch options so perhaps we'll see Perfect Dark after all.
Sat 23/06/01 at 12:11
the snes was a 2d console but it did later on bring out a few 2d/3d games a kind of mix between the 2.as the GBA has more power inside i think it will bring out some 3d titles
Sat 23/06/01 at 17:00
Regular
"Whatever!"
Once the developers understand more about the machine then we can sit back and watch the full flowing 3-D titles arrive - Remember how long it took for developers to relise the potential of PSOne!! The GBA will just get better and better!!
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:30
Regular
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 feels like a 3D game.

However I'm not sure whether it counts as one though...
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:32
Regular
Sorry to disappoint you all, but you wont be seeing true 3D graphics on the GBA as it doesnt have a 3D chip like the PSX.

However, we will get games that appear to be in 3D, like Tony Hawks
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:34
Regular
a 3D chip is just a different type of graphics chip which isn't neccesarily needed for 3D graphics.
Sat 23/06/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
I reckon Tony Hawks on the GBA is the best version yet - That is how much I rate it!!
Sun 24/06/01 at 16:09
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> a 3D chip is just a different type of graphics chip which isn't
> neccesarily needed for 3D graphics.

It is for "true" 3D graphics. We can have 3D look-a-like graphics, like Tony Hawks and GTA etc, but not true 3D.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.