GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Outrun 2 Demo Out Now"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/09/04 at 14:30
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Preorder and pay a deposit of £3 at a certain GAMEing store and you get an Outrun 2 playable demo - one track, 2 cars, 3 music tracks, and Live play as well!
Mon 06/09/04 at 11:59
"I love yo... lamp."
Cyclone wrote:
> I can't see the point of getting OutRun. Sure it's from that 'magical
> arcade game'......what, the one where you were 9 years old surrounded
> by flashing machines and drove in pretty much a straight line?
>
> Yay. OutRun 2 looks nice, but I'm sorry, It'll have to do a hell of a
> lot to get me to get it, and by the looks of things, Burnout 3 will
> do more than enough.

There were plenty of corners on Out Run. It's had a 3D makeover and it will be one of the greatest things ever. Super Mario 64 after all was still mushrooms and ba-bombs, but in 3D. People didn't complain about that now did they?

I kind of agree with Valentino, it is one of the daddies of racing games. I will be getting Burnout 3 as well, but Out Run looks so beautiful.
Mon 06/09/04 at 11:01
Regular
What's the demo like? The Burnout 3 demo was one lap - over straight away.
Mon 06/09/04 at 10:57
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Demo was out on Friday; I prefer it to Burnout 3, found Burnout 3 to be too arcadey for my liking. Think true driving game fans would be of the same opinion, driving games are for getting from A to B as quickly as possible, none of this takedown malarky.
Sun 05/09/04 at 19:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I can't see the point of getting OutRUn. Sure it's from that 'magical arcade game'......what, the one where you were 9 years old surrounded by flashing machines and drove in pretty much a straight line?

Yay. OutRun 2 looks nice, but I'm sorry, It'll have to do a hell of a lot to get me to get it, and by the looks of things, Burnout 3 will do more than enough.
Sun 05/09/04 at 16:54
Regular
Ah no!!! I was supposed to play this and compare it to Burnout!!! Oh well, I'll just buy the latter.
Sun 05/09/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Touched!"
Hmm I'm not too sure about this, the fact that it's got Live play might tempt me to give it a go.
Sun 05/09/04 at 14:30
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Preorder and pay a deposit of £3 at a certain GAMEing store and you get an Outrun 2 playable demo - one track, 2 cars, 3 music tracks, and Live play as well!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.