GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"p2p networks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 12:27
"everyone must die!"
My favourite p2p network is Morpheus which i use regularly. The only problem is that when i click to download sum thing it rarely starts downloading. Usually says "source has gone offline" is there n e way that i can get more succesful downloads or does the program tell you what downloads to start and will get finished? Is there n e other better p2p networks?
Thanks
Tue 07/09/04 at 15:55
"The Will of D."
Don't use P2P. That's my advice, other wsie no matter how much they tell you it's safe you always get virus' and trojan horses through your firewall.
Tue 07/09/04 at 13:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ah, thats what i thought the difference between bittorrent and kazaa was. Bittorrent allowing you to download different parts from different users, while kazaa was just you downloading directly from someone else.
Mon 06/09/04 at 23:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cookie monster wrote:
> I thought you got bits and pieces of a file from different people?
> You can download multiple files at the same time as well though.

You do. Same as with any other p2p network. Shareaza is the same as if you look it shows you a bar with what bits each user has, and which bits your getting from one person. All clients such as Kazaa etc have multi people uploading to you, so each needs to upload a certain part. The thing with these networks is that most of the time this is hidden from the user.

If you didnt download a file in bits then it would be impossible for you to download the file from more than one person, as how would you know which section you have?
Mon 06/09/04 at 23:12
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mode wrote:
> tigamilla wrote:
> Bah - p2p is dead and all that spyware sucks.
>
> Bittorrent baby
>
> What client do you use?

Few decent clients out there. Shadows, Bit Tornado are decent and all basically the same. They work on 1 torrent per session, ie if you have 2 torrents you have 2 lots of the program open. This allows you to set the upload for each torrent. Clients such as Azureus use an overall upload speed, but also has the added feature of being able to queue the torrents up, as its just one client for many torrents. And theres also ABC which seems like Azureus.
Mon 06/09/04 at 23:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
adrian wrote:
> tigamilla wrote:
>
> Bittorrent baby
>
> :D you do realise that Bit Torrent is p2p, just that it is used for
> one file at a time rather than including a search engine and allowing
> multiple files.

I thought you got bits and pieces of a file from different people? You can download multiple files at the same time as well though.
Mon 06/09/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
tigamilla wrote:
>
> Bittorrent baby

:D you do realise that Bit Torrent is p2p, just that it is used for one file at a time rather than including a search engine and allowing multiple files.

BT is the best though as realiable sites post decent links to trackers, no fake rubbish like on other p2p.
Mon 06/09/04 at 16:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
tigamilla wrote:
>
> Bittorrent baby

Seconded.
Mon 06/09/04 at 15:59
Regular
tigamilla wrote:
>
> Bittorrent baby

What client do you use?
Mon 06/09/04 at 15:58
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Bah - p2p is dead and all that spyware sucks.

Bittorrent baby
Mon 06/09/04 at 15:57
Regular
I agree with what Bullet said. Limewire is good and so is Shareaza. Shareaza is being a biitch for me at the moment because of my firewall, but it is handy because you are able to preview pictures before you download them.
Limewire is great i get good speeds off it.
Go for Limewire, and if you want to fork out a bit of dosh get Limewire Pro.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.