GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"p2p networks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/09/04 at 12:27
"everyone must die!"
My favourite p2p network is Morpheus which i use regularly. The only problem is that when i click to download sum thing it rarely starts downloading. Usually says "source has gone offline" is there n e way that i can get more succesful downloads or does the program tell you what downloads to start and will get finished? Is there n e other better p2p networks?
Thanks
Sat 09/10/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
BioRex wrote:
> Really? KaZaA isn't the best P2P programme? Think again. I downloaded
> macromedia flash and dreamweaver, (both worth around $500) with the
> serial code, for absolutly nothing. It took about 5 hours with
> broadband. I still use both of them today with no trouble.

It's terrible now, for music anyway, and there isn't an awful lot of choice for software, but I'll agree it's (or was the last time I used it) good for more common stuff like Dreamweaver.

I use Bittorent and Soulseek mainly.
Soulseek's brilliant for older/less mainstream music, while BT's great for games and software.
Not that I download anything illegal, of course.
Sat 09/10/04 at 16:57
Regular
BitTorrent and Limewire PRO > All
Sat 09/10/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
oasismark wrote:
> What about edonkey2000?
>
> I've used that for over a year and it's great, I've tried other p2p's
> but edonky2000 is miles better.
>
> No-one else use edonkey?

I used to use Shareaza, which connects to the eDonkey, eMule [i think that's what it's called] and Shareaza servers, which was pretty good, but most files stopped downloading.

But now all I use is BitTorrent, nothing beats it.
Sat 09/10/04 at 13:53
Regular
ƒĒ„yf„x„s„y„€ wrote:
> sorry to say people...but....kazaa is not the best P2P networking
> programme around i have looked high and low and tested and tested all
> P2P networking programmes and honestly have to say the best i have
> come across is "bearshare"..hope you try it and find the
> quality as good as i have found :D
>
> www.bearshare.com

Really? KaZaA isn't the best P2P programme? Think again. I downloaded macromedia flash and dreamweaver, (both worth around $500) with the serial code, for absolutly nothing. It took about 5 hours with broadband. I still use both of them today with no trouble.

I'm sorry to say that it is the best around as it costs nothing to download and install. Oh buy the way, I tried out bearshare and deleated it after relising it was more useless than WinMX.
Sun 19/09/04 at 15:09
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
AresLite is the best one. There is no media player, and you can't preview anything either. BUT, all of the spyware has been removed, there's a pretty large amount of users on it (not as big as say, KaZaA, obviously) and you rarely have a failed download.

Check it out at download.com, I love it.
Sun 19/09/04 at 15:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
Best BT client...

ABC.
Sun 19/09/04 at 14:05
"Happy Fraging"
please post back if u have tried bearshare and tell me what u think...hope u find it usefull....also IF u do know of ant other BETTER p2p clients then ill be more than happy to know but i find it doubtfull plus always go pro..same as always if ur willing to part with the £££ u will get what u pay for :)
Sun 19/09/04 at 06:08
"Happy Fraging"
sorry to say people...but....kazaa is not the best P2P networking programme around i have looked high and low and tested and tested all P2P networking programmes and honestly have to say the best i have come across is "bearshare"..hope you try it and find the quality as good as i have found :D

www.bearshare.com
Sat 18/09/04 at 10:46
Regular
You popped an old thread just to write crap?

Oh dear.
Fri 17/09/04 at 17:52
Regular
All of you! Kazaa is better than f***ing anything, so shut up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.