GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sims 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims 2'.
Mon 06/09/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Okay, i'm thinking of getting this but I haven't a clue about computers so i'm counting on you guys to help me out...

I want to know whether my Laptop will be able to play the game, I dont know what I info I should give you but i'm sure theres a way to get my Laptop's specs to see whether the game will play smoothly.

So, please help me out.

Cheers.
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
My sister bought this, PC seems more than capable of running it, though I can run Far Cry, UT2004 and Doom 3 with little or no problems so that's no surprise.
Sun 19/09/04 at 10:16
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I have a really crap graphics card, nut everything else is way over spec, doo u think itll still work? My computer handles Unreal really good...
Fri 17/09/04 at 15:49
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Just check that Game Advisor out and it's really helpful (Thanks) but i'm getting a new computer soon and I wanna know if it'll work on that so if I give you the specs can you tell me whether it'll be able to play The Sims 2 because I dont know how to.

Specs

IBM Netvista Pentium 4 1.8Ghz With DVD

IBM Netvista System

Pentium 4 1.8Ghz

256MB Ram, 40GB HDD

1.44Mb Floppy Drive

DVD Drive

4 x USB (2 Front, 2 Back)

On Board Sound & Network

Cheers.
Tue 14/09/04 at 16:06
Regular
Try the windows game advisor. It will tell you if the game will run on your laptop.

www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/default.mspx
Wed 08/09/04 at 14:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The Sims 2 Specifications taken from the official site:

If you have a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM then you need at least:

- 800 MHz processor or better
- 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000
- At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

If you have a non-T&L capable video card (an Intel Extreme Graphics or a Radeon 7000/VE Series) then you need at least:

- 2.0 GHz processor or better
- 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000
- At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

[URL]http://thesims2.ea.com/about_system_specs.php[/URL] to see the supported 3D cards.

If your laptop can match the above specs I don't why you'd have trouble running it.
Mon 06/09/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Okay, i'm thinking of getting this but I haven't a clue about computers so i'm counting on you guys to help me out...

I want to know whether my Laptop will be able to play the game, I dont know what I info I should give you but i'm sure theres a way to get my Laptop's specs to see whether the game will play smoothly.

So, please help me out.

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.