GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo online...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Tue 07/09/04 at 15:41
Regular
...on Xbox Live.

*runs*
Wed 08/09/04 at 09:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Killzone looks like it's jsut figured out what was happeneing two years ago.
Wed 08/09/04 at 09:28
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I read the exact same thing about Pro Evo on Xbox a couple of years ago.. Microsoft are not averse to these little publicity crusades that have no substance behind them.
Wed 08/09/04 at 09:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56536[/URL]
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:01
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I've seen the Eurogamer source already. I still half expect this to be released and it turns out to just be online scoreboards or something. That's what's happened in 90% of all the other hyped up Live titles.
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well, they say it's got full Live playe, which Konami have confirmed.

What 90% of hyped Live titles have only got scoreboards?!
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:19
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's happened loads in the past, usually regarding racing titles (Codies in particular) and fighting games - many of the 2D examples I believe. Even SC2 was announced as being online at one point. I have read many discussions from disappointed people who had been lied to by false marketing hype, dI idn't pay much more attention as I didn't have an x-box at the time, and Live doesn't appeal to me anyway.

I don't like the way Microsoft approaches it - they attempt to make Live something essential (by releasing patches and bonus levels through the service) and then ask you to pay for it. Sony do it the right way, in that it is always an option and it doesn't cost you anything anyway. It's not required in order to have a glitch-free version of the game (the update to Ninja Gaiden in particular really riles me... I won't buy the game on the strength of that)
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Patches are free, 95% of the new content is too. The extra content is not neccessary to play the game.

I'm more than satisfied with the Live service. It's concise, cheap, bloody fast, and has some fantastic games. I realise MS hyped other stuff, but they hardly do it for every new game. If they did, people would be bleating about it all day.

Ninja Gaiden patch didn't fix glitches. It actually added more enemies, more moves, different controls, better AI etc to the game. For free.

MS don't let developers send out patches UNLESS it's for a multiplayer component of the game, which has been exploited by glitching geeks. This way, the developer has to make a non-glitchy game or one that annoys everyone and consequently doesn't sell.
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:45
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's not free, you have to pay £40 to get on to Live. That's what I'm talking about, Microsoft have put that service at such a high priority to using the console that everybody seems to accept the cost.
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What, so Central Station is free?

£40 a year is cheap. It's true the Xbox suffers without Live, but to be honest, even offline it's pretty good.
Wed 08/09/04 at 10:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*yawn* what is the point really? Just trying to start an argument and another stupid console war. Xbox live is better we know that, it should be seeing as you have to pay for it. Now shoo back to your beloved xbox forums and talk to each other about how great it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.