GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo online...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Tue 07/09/04 at 15:41
Regular
...on Xbox Live.

*runs*
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:32
Regular
[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=31784&subsectionid=1586[/URL]

This confirms that the Xbox owners will be able to play against each online. It doesnt matter to me because I dont have an online connection for my PS2 or one for my Xbox (if i had one).

I hope the PS2 version sells well, the last we need is for it to become an Xbox sequel. I also hope that apart from this that both games are exactly the same. It would be unfair if one version is better than the other in terms of graphics etc...
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Squall wrote:
> I read that they have scrapped the online, any news about this
> Fantasymeister?

No idea, I don't keep up with footie online as it's not my genre. The real reason the boxers are getting excited is that even though the XBox has been online for ages longer than the PS2 this is the first ever online footie title for them, whereas the PS2 has already had 2. So we're kinda 'been there done that' already, but it's all new to them.
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:40
Regular
Here's the real killer, TIF 2004 is more fun and they're never gonna get it!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:43
Regular
was that a joke?
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:44
Regular
There is a bright side. Hopefully all versions of the game will sell well so Konami has more to invest in things such as more licenses etc to make future versions of the game even better.
Tue 07/09/04 at 16:44
Regular
Not true, we've had England International Football online for a long time now.

Anyway, anyone with any sense knows that Pro Evo is the only football gaming franchise worth caring about.
Tue 07/09/04 at 17:47
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Anyway, anyone with any sense knows that Pro Evo is the only football
> gaming franchise worth caring about.

Correction, only a small minority (in gaming terms) of elitist "This is how footie should be played" perfectionists know that Pro Evo is the only footie gaming franchise worth caring about.

Personally I prefer TIF because it's more fun to play.

As for EIF, any game where the coders make Latvia as good as France isn't really football, more of a disaster movie. Sold well, did it? :P
Tue 07/09/04 at 17:48
Regular
Is it time to whip out the "Killzone won't be on XBox" trump card yet?
Tue 07/09/04 at 17:53
Regular
EIF was awful, no doubt about that.

I think the Xbox can definetly live without Killzone from the previews I've read. Me thinks Halo 2, Halflife 2 and Doom 3 should definetly manage to somehow fill the gap.
Tue 07/09/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
[EDIT]

Killzone looks like a cheap version of Half Life.

I have a PS2 and i'm not getting it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.