GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your favourite game of all time?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/06/01 at 19:46
Regular
I’m sure that this topic has been posted before, but as I’m new around here I thought I'd find out what your favourite computer game of all time would be and for what reason?

Being a bit old school when it comes to games I would have to say that my favourite would be Elite on the C64. Blimey that’s ages ago he's mad I hear you cry, but at the time it kept it’s side of the game agreement very well for me.

Graphically speaking it is of course ancient, though Vector graphics were a fantastic new innovation then so it seemed wondrous. The sound was three channels of strange zapping noises which added nothing to the game by today’s high expectations for a software title, but then what could you expect from the mid eighties, the pop music around then was about the same.

No it was the simplicity of the game combined with a strange addictive quality that held me in throng, days flew by moving my Cobra MkIII from system to system selling anything and everything. I seem to remember that it mostly ended up as running furs from rich agricultural planets to Rich Industrial planets. Then buying computers to go back the other way.

Then spending your hard earned cash on increasing the offensive and defensive capabilities of my plucky ship to blow other ships out of the vacuum as my rating climbed higher until finally becoming Elite.

So what’s your favourite game?

It doesn’t have to be the best game ever, just your favourite one……
Fri 15/06/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
I’m sure that this topic has been posted before, but as I’m new around here I thought I'd find out what your favourite computer game of all time would be and for what reason?

Being a bit old school when it comes to games I would have to say that my favourite would be Elite on the C64. Blimey that’s ages ago he's mad I hear you cry, but at the time it kept it’s side of the game agreement very well for me.

Graphically speaking it is of course ancient, though Vector graphics were a fantastic new innovation then so it seemed wondrous. The sound was three channels of strange zapping noises which added nothing to the game by today’s high expectations for a software title, but then what could you expect from the mid eighties, the pop music around then was about the same.

No it was the simplicity of the game combined with a strange addictive quality that held me in throng, days flew by moving my Cobra MkIII from system to system selling anything and everything. I seem to remember that it mostly ended up as running furs from rich agricultural planets to Rich Industrial planets. Then buying computers to go back the other way.

Then spending your hard earned cash on increasing the offensive and defensive capabilities of my plucky ship to blow other ships out of the vacuum as my rating climbed higher until finally becoming Elite.

So what’s your favourite game?

It doesn’t have to be the best game ever, just your favourite one……
Fri 15/06/01 at 19:52
Regular
"Back For Good"
look at my name then have a good guess.
Fri 15/06/01 at 19:53
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
residentevilfan wrote:
> look at my name then have a good guess.

So why??
Fri 15/06/01 at 20:32
Regular
Who cares why? Isn't it obvious?
Fri 15/06/01 at 20:35
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Look at my name then have a good geuss.... oh... er... that... that one didnt work... DOH!!!

*Wonders back in his web and waits for his next prey, says to him self "look at that ymmy "AnT", he looks tasty, or how about that Pink Pig. Yum Yum"*
Fri 15/06/01 at 20:37
Regular
PinkPig wrote:
> Who cares why? Isn't it obvious?

Yeah, obviously he hasn't played that many games.

j/k
Fri 15/06/01 at 20:47
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
PinkPig wrote:
> Who cares why? Isn't it obvious?

I care why, that's why I asked. I can tell that it's his favourite game I wanted to know WHY it is.

Which words in this sentence didn't you understand???

BTW, I've played and completed all of the RE series. ;D
Fri 15/06/01 at 21:20
Hi
Fri 15/06/01 at 21:23
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Hello
Fri 15/06/01 at 21:24
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Final Fantasy 7.

No, wait, Final Fantasy 8.

No, wait, Skies of Arcadia.

No, wait, Gran Turismo.

No, wait, Suikoden.

No, wait, FIFA '98.

No, wait, Planetarion.

No, wait, Trader.

damn....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.