GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Problem with The Gamecube (must read)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/06/01 at 15:54
Regular
Before any of you Nintendo fans rush out and get one, I should highlight this report from another site

http://www.easytobait.com

As most Nintendo fans are of a similar age and ability, the main question concerning Gamecube customers is this:

How are they going to be able to figure out how to open the box?
And once that task has been mastered, there then comes the problem of putting all the wires in correctly.

Discuss
Mon 18/06/01 at 18:51
The Xbox is also very heavy - which can be damaging for weaklings like myself.
Mon 18/06/01 at 19:41
Regular
"Back in black"
lol- so you have lifetd an X Box? I can't see why the look of the console matters- its how the games play, and as far as I have seen, the games look pretty good!
Mon 18/06/01 at 19:56
the main question concerning Gamecube customers is this:

How are they going to be able to figure out how to open the box?
And once that task has been mastered, there then comes the problem of putting all the wires in correctly.

For a start many people know how to open any cardboard box, and if you were refering to the actual gamecube itself if has text saying "OPEN" DUH.
As with any console you have to put many wires in otherwise it wont work. Plus most people can inser connectors into sockets and if they cant then "trial and error" will work.
Just to finish, I think the gamecube is a very good machine BUT so are the X-Box and PS2. There all much of a much ness. Buy which ever one you want. :->
Mon 18/06/01 at 20:06
Regular
"Back in black"
Yeah he is right- There surely is a button with the text saying 'open'.

There is wires on most console -yes? So why should the Gamecube's be different. Get the parents to help if your worried, but there covered up in plastic so they wont electricute you!!!
Tue 26/06/01 at 11:44
If people can't figure out how to open a games console then they shouldn't be playing them in the first place.
Next we'll get people who can't figure out that the button marked power turns it on...
Wed 27/06/01 at 12:45
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
You people arent to used to sarcasm i think what goatyboy was getting at was the game cube is ment for kids ie "As most Nintendo fans are of a similar age and ability"
and "How are they going to be able to figure out how to open the box? And once that task has been mastered, there then comes the problem of putting all the wires in correctly."
As I am 20 i have disagree and say "eat my shorts"
(also people the "easy-to-bait-.com" should have been a dead give-away)
Wed 27/06/01 at 13:10
Regular
"Back in black"
The Gamecube though won't be intended for the young ones- The 64 was, we admit, but it weas the odd one out- Gamcube will have games to please all ages.
Wed 27/06/01 at 20:58
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
The wires that would fit into the GC would be made so that they can only be fitted into a caertain socket so you couldn't exactly get them mixed up could you!

Anyone know anything about the new Zelda game on Gamecube?
Storyline?
Setting?
Is princes Zelda actually in it?
Anything really
Thanks
Wed 27/06/01 at 21:04
Nothings been announced yet. Download the MPEG from Spaceworld 2000
Wed 27/06/01 at 22:08
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Theres nothing wrong with the Gamecube! I havn't seen many pictures of it, but it looks pretty smart.
Judging on looks?
I think that Nintendo will have more than just a box to please it's customers, the GBA and many other aplications will be able to fix onto the Gamecube, it should be pretty good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.