GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Problem with The Gamecube (must read)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/06/01 at 15:54
Regular
Before any of you Nintendo fans rush out and get one, I should highlight this report from another site

http://www.easytobait.com

As most Nintendo fans are of a similar age and ability, the main question concerning Gamecube customers is this:

How are they going to be able to figure out how to open the box?
And once that task has been mastered, there then comes the problem of putting all the wires in correctly.

Discuss
Sat 14/07/01 at 22:18
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
im wasting my finger power in this thread!!!
I could be sewing or somthing but instead im here trying to make you all see that goatboys post(the main one at the top) is just a big joke saying that nintendo fans are all young kids so come on you are starting to sound stupid, but kudos to you goatboy you seemed to have proved your point
Sat 14/07/01 at 17:14
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Like N64, the wires will only be able to wit into certain ports due to the different connections. And you would have to be incredible stupid to try and stick the great big power connector into the aerial port!
Sat 14/07/01 at 17:07
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Well, it looks like a toaster, with 4 joypad ports and a > LCD screen sticking out. Ugly, if you ask me...

It is horrid! YUCK. I'd be 99% certain it won't make it out of Japan anyway - maybe in a different form.

I thought the deal was to make a machine that attracts to the more mature end of the market. They do this by making the console look like a small washing machine???
Fri 13/07/01 at 19:56
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
Sombody for the love of god get a dictionary and look up SARCASM(???), has anybody else notice that goatboy hasent even replied to his own thread???? PLEASE.....!!!!
Fri 13/07/01 at 13:11
antz wrote:
> the main question concerning Gamecube customers is this:

How are
> they going to be able to figure out how to open the box?
And once
> that task has been mastered, there then comes the problem of putting
> all the wires in correctly.

For a start many people know how to
> open any cardboard box, and if you were refering to the actual
> gamecube itself if has text saying "OPEN" DUH.
As
> with any console you have to put many wires in otherwise it wont
> work. Plus most people can inser connectors into sockets and if they
> cant then "trial and error" will work.

Just to
> finish, I think the gamecube is a very good machine BUT so are the
> X-Box and PS2. There all much of a much ness. Buy which ever one you
> want. :->

i agree...
everyone's different so there will be no point in even arguing about this cube thing. There will be wires in the cube for the whole thing to work. If there were no wires then there would be no point in even buying the cube 'cos then it won't work.
Who would want to take the cube apart anyway? Wouldn't you leave that for an expert to do???
If there were any problems with the cube they would not be selling it and putting it on the market. They would obviously check it before selling it. Otherwise the company would be known as lying to their customers, which could lead nintendo into being unpopular.
Does anyone agree with me out there???
Fri 13/07/01 at 13:08
antz wrote:
> the main question concerning Gamecube customers is this:

How are
> they going to be able to figure out how to open the box?
And once
> that task has been mastered, there then comes the problem of putting
> all the wires in correctly.

For a start many people know how to
> open any cardboard box, and if you were refering to the actual
> gamecube itself if has text saying "OPEN" DUH.
As
> with any console you have to put many wires in otherwise it wont
> work. Plus most people can inser connectors into sockets and if they
> cant then "trial and error" will work.

Just to
> finish, I think the gamecube is a very good machine BUT so are the
> X-Box and PS2. There all much of a much ness. Buy which ever one you
> want. :->

i agree...
everyone's different so there will be no point in even arguing about this cube thing. There will be wires in the cube for the whole thing to work. If there were no wires then there would be no point in even buying the cube 'cos then it won't work.
Who would want to take the cube apart anyway? Wouldn't you leave that for an expert to do???
If there were any problems with the cube they would not be selling it and putting it on the market. They would obviously check it before selling it. Otherwise the company would be known as lying to their customers, which could lead nintendo into being unpopular.
Does anyone agree with me out there???
Fri 13/07/01 at 10:32
Regular
"DS..."
i reckon the panasonic version looks better but i'll probably buy the standard version..
slik !_!
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:27
Well, it looks like a toaster, with 4 joypad ports and a LCD screen sticking out. Ugly, if you ask me...
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:19
havnt seen it whats it look like???
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:14
What about the Panasonic version?
What are your views on it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.