GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3 online"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Sat 11/09/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Remember me?"
Shoddy.

There's no other word for it. Offline, the game is superb, and when you can actually get into an online game this is the same case. But for the love of God, why does it have to be so goddamned difficult to get into a bloody online game?!

The frequent starting and stopping and starting again of loading, the way the game keeps crashing on the menu screens, the horrendously poor connections... I bet none of this would be happening if EA didn't insist on running their online games through their own servers instead of through Microsoft's. I thought the whole point of Xbox Live was that Microsoft controlled and provided all the servers?

I'll stick to the offline game with this, I think. I'm far from impressed with the online mode.

*spits on EA*
Sun 12/09/04 at 17:33
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Its fine in the mornings, or when not many people are online. Its when the pikeys come back from work Sunday afternoon, that fook the game up!

;P
Sun 12/09/04 at 17:04
Regular
"Touched!"
EA are like pikeys - they steal good ideas but mess them up!
Sun 12/09/04 at 16:39
Regular
I've come to the decision that I'll be sticking to offline until a patch is released.

EA - how could you screw this up? You tards, MS were more than willing to provide their own servers etc, but noooo, you had to be all independent and do it your way.

Spastics.
Sun 12/09/04 at 04:48
Regular
"8==="
"Server problems?

Jump into the French lobby. Play in there from 6pm 'til 4am and only lost 3 stat updates in all that time."
Sun 12/09/04 at 00:17
Regular
There is a simple solution, play at 6:30 in the morning.

Hell, even I hosted and there was no problems.
Sat 11/09/04 at 23:34
Regular
"Touched!"
Are EA complete sausage jockeys? They didn't anticipate it was gonna be big? Where the hell have they been for the past couple of years, my theory could be right: EA live in caves.
Sat 11/09/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> When it actually works properly online it's flucking brilliant.

I agree, but it should work as well as any other Live game. I never had this kind of trouble with any other Live games. Has EA not heard of playtesting or something?
Sat 11/09/04 at 22:36
Regular
There's a patch coming out apparently.

The main reason the servers have been so crap though is because they can't cope with the amount of people coming on, I guess EA didn't realise it was gonna be quite this popular. I found that around 1am last night as there were less people on the servers ran perfectly and had no problems with disconnection or any of the other crap.

Should hopefully find that after the first weekend things will slow down a bit, a lot of people will hopefully give up on the game which'll mean it'll run well for the rest of us.

It's just a case of sticking with the game I think, when it actually works properly online it's flucking brilliant.
Sat 11/09/04 at 22:21
Regular
Definately. Which again, is annoying as hell.
Sat 11/09/04 at 22:21
Regular
I liked the DJ.

So I guess Burnout 3 is an offline game til the patching comes along?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.