GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Tue 14/09/04 at 06:44
Regular
Rocks :D

Seriously, it does. But what happened to the 2-Player co-op? I can only find a battle mode. Or isn't there a co-op mode?

I thought there was.

Anyhoo, this game is fantastic. Still keeps the charm of the original, but with the addition of cool new Pikmin races and loss of time limit. The controls seem a little easier too.

Shame on those of you waiting for the UK release - IMPORT IT!!
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:26
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Yay, i just completed pikmin 2 but there's more!!!!111
Sun 19/09/04 at 19:43
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
The opening levels of Pikmin are just genius. For me it suffered as the game progressed, things becoming more and more similar, more and more repetitive. The first 5 hours of the game are some of the best gaming hours I've ever spent - and Pikmin certainly doesn't fall under one of my preferred genres.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:48
Regular
Yes give Pikmin another go, it isn't a long game and it is very much "Nintendo" as any game.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:43
Regular
Although it would be interesting to know how a level can "personify" something, that was at least a decent, mainly fact-based argument :-)

And because of it, I will give Pikmin another chance (having previously given up on the second level, wondering what the fuss was about).
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:32
Regular
The second level? The one with the three headed bird and that little boss fight in that den?

Where you have to throw Pikmin up the side and then wade through the water because you haven't got the blue ones yet?

The level that introduced the bombs and clever means on how to use it.

That level, for me, personified the greatness of Pikmin.

Mav you are clearly wrong. Sure likeing a game is a matter of opinion but the level design is a matter of fact and you are by far the only one to criticise it.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:30
Regular
Mav wrote:

> Dringo - I appreciate your more straightforward response, although I
> struggle to see why you enjoyed the second level so much. The first
> was an enjoyable introduction, yet all the second reminds me of is
> that constant brown texture and painfully similar puzzles, alongside
> menial tasks such as building bridges.

Brown textures? Painful puzzles? menial tasks?

GET OUT!
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:26
Regular
Get a personality.
Sun 19/09/04 at 17:56
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Unfortunatly you present about as much argument as an armadilo
> produces honey nut cereal.

As you do humour...

Dringo - I appreciate your more straightforward response, although I struggle to see why you enjoyed the second level so much. The first was an enjoyable introduction, yet all the second reminds me of is that constant brown texture and painfully similar puzzles, alongside menial tasks such as building bridges.
Sun 19/09/04 at 17:11
Regular
Mav if you honestly think Pikmin has bad level design then you need your head examined. The game's level's were perfectly constructed particulary the first 2 but the latter levels were too... even if the last level was just a linear bit (but it got away with it).

In fact the opening level and the second level remain in my memory as some of the finest examples of level design. The latter levels I just remember having loads of complex sections which were great, the only negative bits was that there were sections where you didn't have to go which was slightly pointless.

But Miyamoto is an expert at designing levels and that is especially true in Pikmin. It is a poor argument because it's blatently not true.

Like saying Resident Evil 4 has rubbish graphics.
Sun 19/09/04 at 17:11
Regular
Unfortunatly you present about as much argument as an armadilo produces honey nut cereal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.