GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got my X-box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/09/04 at 11:52
Regular
With Halo, Project Gotham Racing and Grabbed by the Gholies.

It's a bloody chunky thing isn't it.

I haven't got LIVE yet but I might not, I'm not entirely sure this is a good purchase. I've played all 3 games a bit but I keep going back to Second Sight on the Gamecube.

As a Gamecube owner I do miss a really good First Person shooter, and as great as Timesplitters is the idea of owning Halo was something I couldn't resist. I also miss out on realistic racing games as a Gamecube owner.

The sad thing is, now I've played 2 games that are the top of their genre I now feel slightly empty.

For starters Project Gotham is a good racing title but I've never really been able to enjoy these sort of games.

Grabbed by the Gholies is as crap as I remember.

I played Halo for a bit but I've come to realise that this is just another FPS. And one that doesn't have the depth of Perfect Dark either. It is the finest all round FPS of this generation but it doesn't do anything special at all. In fact at times I felt the urge to play Metroid Prime, something I haven't done in an age.

Anyway enough about the criticism, I'm sure I'll get into all of the above games and I'm sure I'll enjoy Blinx, The Suffering, Jet Set Radio: Future and whatever else my mate plans to lend me.

The console has 3 weeks to impress or it goes back. Mainly because of my 30 day no quibble return policy.
Sun 26/09/04 at 17:00
Regular
"Braaains"
Ghoulies is just Atic Atac in new clothes - and it's pretty damn poor. I bet MS are wondering why the hell they bought Rare.
Fri 24/09/04 at 01:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
B3 is actually a bit over rated I think.

I ain't played it for a while now. well, 5 days-ish...
Mon 20/09/04 at 00:03
Regular
"BOSE"
Dringo wrote:

> I'm not a fan of Burnout so I wouldn't want the third, and I don't
> think PGR is my thing.

Man, I ain't played a racing game since PGR/RSC, but I have to say, & think I speak for everyone who had the game..I'm in love with it! It's like The Fast and The Furious I & II + The Matrix + Jerry Bruckheimer + Burnout I & II x100 + Some super cool car racing + I heard it on list for best game of the year (eh hem, Halo 2!). Buy it! :-)
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hey I was just playing Silent Hill 4 and stuff, what the hells happened here ?? Haven't bothered checking this topic for a little while and when I do, theres more period blood flying around then up the walls of the game I've been playing. ;-)
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:05
Regular
There is always an element of truth in jest.

Especially in this case.
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:04
Regular
If you criticise someone's interest, they're bound to take it seriously to some point. Even if it is just a big wind up.
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:03
Regular
It was merely an insightful thought.
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:02
Regular
"8==="
ANYWAY! Advertising...
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:02
Regular
"8==="
Mav wrote:
>
> Why is it people feel the need to call others sad, anyway?
> Insecurity?

Mav not you aswell!

FINE all of you just take it all seriously then.

*Goes off in a huff*

A big fluffy huff with kittens
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:00
Regular
"8==="
I'm the King of Nintendo don't you know? :D

Full name: Fa King Nintendo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.