GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feck! Proper FF7 Sequel!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII'.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:36
"period drama"
[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=31881&subsectionid=1585[/URL]

Set one year after AC, 3 years after FF7.

And .... oh yes, Vincent is the main character.
Score.
Sat 18/09/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
They should make FF7 into an epic film aka Lord of the Rings. The first film takes part in Midgar. The second part is the exploration of the world and the Aeris/ancient story. The third film would be all about Sephiroth/jenova and the journy to kill him in the crater.
Sat 18/09/04 at 14:37
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I had never read anything or seen any screenshots before playing FF7, which i think made the experience as good as it gets. The best bit for me was getting on the world map for the first time. It seemed like the whole Midgar story was never going to end, and at times thought, is this it?. Then looking at the world map for the first time and realising i had to explore all those yellow dots, it was the best moment in the game. The story had so many twists and it turned out to be incredibly in depth. There were so many good parts in the game though.
Sat 18/09/04 at 13:36
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Flock wrote:
> It'll be like the assault on the Shin-ra building, i wonder if there
> would be some to**er charging you exstortionate prices for a pass to
> the next floor.

Easily one of my favourite bits. A sense of excitement when you bust in and a sense of caution if you start sneaking about. The story starts to unfold a bit. I crapped myself in the jail bit. Pheww, so many emotions in such a little time.
Sat 18/09/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Considering Vincent will be the main character, I think they will focus on his morphabilty into different creatures (the ones when he has a limit break). It could be something like Altered Beast, or Devil May Cry because of this. An RPG would work the best though in my opinion. Here hoping!
Fri 17/09/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Blank wrote:
> Crap.
>
>
> If Square balls up on this one, I'll track them down.
> (Which won't be too hard considering they have an inanimate HQ with
> foundations and everything)

It'll be like the assault on the Shin-ra building, i wonder if there would be some to**er charging you exstortionate prices for a pass to the next floor.
Fri 17/09/04 at 21:19
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Crap.

If Square balls up on this one, I'll track them down.
(Which won't be too hard considering they have an inanimate HQ with foundations and everything)
Fri 17/09/04 at 19:54
"period drama"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> Red XIII wins. Although Vincent had a gun, so hurrah Vincent.

Wow, it's like you're in my head.
bed

Squall wrote:
> >FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus
>
> Noticed this si what the name is called. Its a GF in 8, a dog with
> three heads. I wonder how the title will be put in with the story.

Actually, Cerberus is an ancient mythological beast that FF8 nicked - FFs do a lot of that, you know. Read some shiz about norse mythology and see how many familiar names you can spot.

Anyway - wasn't one of Vincent's weapons called the Cerberus?
I doubt it, but my memory is saying something like that. Shhh.
Fri 17/09/04 at 16:54
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Put the handbags away.

From the sounds of it, the fact the FF7 sequel is going to be released next year indicates they arnt going to put in all those class little touches in the original FF7. That game was huge, and the side-quests made it. I think itll be good being Vincent as you dont really know much about him, its better than playing as Yuffie or Cait Sith.

I hope they dont do the FFX2 thing. I was embarassed to even play that game after watching the intro. It was like Final Fantasy meets Charlies Angels! (with the costumes)
Fri 17/09/04 at 16:45
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
It's the only game worth playing for hours on end. I dont do that often on my own. If i play multiplayer or that i usually stay on for a while with mates. Final Fantasies make you want more though.
Fri 17/09/04 at 16:44
Regular
Now kiss and make up

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.