GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 14/12/06 at 11:46
Regular
"360: swfcman"
No WoW thread? Whats with that? I thought a fair few people here played it?

I myself have not been on it since Nov 05. Resisted temptation to do so all year, but I am getting close to getting back on. Mainly because I have now a far better PC so I really want to see how it looks on it.

Wont be until the new year when i start it back up. Just hope its not changed too much.

Anyone here playing it still?
Thu 04/01/07 at 23:49
Regular
I wish those days still existed man. Friendly people and kick ass world raids with completely random low level people all believing they can take down someone 40 levels higher and being genuinely disappointed when it didn't happen. Ashenvale Splinter Tree raids were godly, pre Molten Core and even pre Black Wing Lair the game pwned so much, was great fun too play. Was after they brought out Arathi Basin, then everyone just got epic greedy and to have fun you neeeded uber equip to stop all the trinket nerds from pwning you in one shot.

Had an absolutely kick ass PVP team when I went for rank 14 though, just when the few of us that set it up got the rank everything went massively downhill and I ended up becoming a greedy PVE epic 'hoa' myself (mainly to add money to the account value so I could pwn it off on eBay). I wish I was still intouch with some of the people I used to have a great time with but as with the nature of games like that and one of their major bad points is, you get to know some people a bit too well and although they are real, most of them lived in Sweden/Denmark and weren't a substitute for friends you can go out with.

Still glad that phase of my life is over, I'll never touch a game with a subscription or never ending objectives again ;)
Thu 04/01/07 at 22:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ah to think i can say i knew him before he was all uber :-D
Thu 04/01/07 at 17:37
Regular
Doubt it. I was in one of the top guilds in Europe, nailed AQ40 and got to the end of Naxxramas but then I sold my account on eBay for a very nice profit. I still read the guild forum and most of the hardcore players have quit to persue real life stuff and from what they have told me PVE high end on most servers is dying since they made PVP a none constant time based saga you are no longer forced to play 14-16 hours a day relentless PVP to reach rank 14, since they scrapped the ranks you can play whenever and how ever long you want to and still get the Rank 14 equipment by spending points.

Shame I nailed rank 14 when it was at a time when you needed to practically hand over your life to it otherwise I sitll might be playing it.

PVE content is dull though and the minor joy of getting your new set piece or random epic weapon is exactly that, a minor joy, once the thrill of the 15 seconds is over you go back to grinding none stop for the next piece. Most of the bosses in a single player game would be a piece of piece but it's only made hard by the fact you need to rely on other people, the challenge itself is not personal, guild I was in required you to know every single boss off by heart via forum tactics and videos so everyone pretty much knew what to do and we progressed silly fast to the point where people got bored.

In the end the none stop content and stupidly hardcore raiding schedules forced me to quit to see to real life stuff. I grabbed the trial a few weeks back in the aim to maybe go back but after 10 minutes of playing the lure and addictiveness from the previous marathon had gone and it was infact just a very ordinary looking game which didn't play much better.

Expansion will be the death for most guilds, cutting down from 40 people to 25 along with people just being completely bored senseless after 2 years of none stop hardcore playing. A lot of people I knew just couldn't face starting over with levelling and collecting gear all over again. I nmy opinion they should've just extended the current content, brought in new formulas, raising the cap from 60 to 70 after all the grinding people spent at level 60 was always going to kill the game for most people, that and the fact it's being released at the start of a New Year when most people make resolutions and look to forward real life stuff in some way.

My final playtime was around 3100 hours and to be honest it wasn't until then I started to be really bored of the whole package, just dropping into Battlegrounds with full tier 2.5 and tier 2 with rank 14 weapons just to 2 shot most people got boring and once the PVP element died I'd be sha**ed upside down by an aid ridden gorilla before I'd enjoy PVE on it's own.

Casual Xbox 360 and odd PC games will do me from now on, it did serve one purpose though, it fooked up my life for a year and a half and managing to get away from it was the best thing I could've ever done.
Tue 02/01/07 at 23:11
Regular
Has the expansion come out yet? Wont that make things more interesting? Perhaps even bring back the players who might have left?
Tue 02/01/07 at 23:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cycloon wrote:
> kicked the wow crack, hurrah
>
> never again

heh i had a month again back in like July but then realised my comp wouldn't be able to handle the end instances plus it was super dull and boring ever since Battlegrounds came into existence so kicked the habit and never even had a slight wanting to go back. Xbox Live will do for me now
Tue 02/01/07 at 22:43
Regular
"lets go back"
regular
Tue 02/01/07 at 21:45
Regular
Nightfall?
Tue 02/01/07 at 21:05
Regular
"lets go back"
The subscription cost puts me off. Ive recently got Guild Wars which is probably not as good, but free to play.
Tue 02/01/07 at 19:37
Regular
"gsybe you!"
kicked the wow crack, hurrah

never again
Fri 15/12/06 at 11:07
Regular
My ex seems to enjoy it, I'll probably play it after the expansion comes out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.