GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 14/12/06 at 11:46
Regular
"360: swfcman"
No WoW thread? Whats with that? I thought a fair few people here played it?

I myself have not been on it since Nov 05. Resisted temptation to do so all year, but I am getting close to getting back on. Mainly because I have now a far better PC so I really want to see how it looks on it.

Wont be until the new year when i start it back up. Just hope its not changed too much.

Anyone here playing it still?
Fri 05/01/07 at 15:28
Regular
Thing is firs**t time through it can take 300 hours jus**t to get to level 60 and the game doesn't even really s**tart til you ding 60. Then when you hit 60 you needed to decide if you wanted to rank through the PVP sys**tem designed for the unemployed and filthy rich kids who don't need to work or to try and find a decent guild running (or at that time trying to run) through the only 40 man raid ins**tance which was Molten Core.

I fell into the category of at a s**tage in my life where I was bored with jus**t a dull low paying job and so quit that and ended up getting hooked on PVP and didn't work for 6 months, during which time I PVPed to rank 14 playing like 14 hours every single day for 2-3 months. The old s**tupid sys**tem was the ladder/ranking so to get rank 14 you needed s**tanding 1 on the server for at leas**t 3-4 weeks running and possibly a s**tanding 2 to get from rank 13 to rank 14 and up until rank 13 you needed a top 10 s**tanding every single week jus**t to make progress over at leas**t 2 months. It's the bigges**t joke sys**tem I have ever come across as the only to succeed was to pretty much hand your life over to honour grinding til you got it.

Don't want to sound patronising but without playing it you really don't have even the slightes**t incline on what the fook people talk about with regards to being addicted and such. The only way I could s**top was to literally sell my account so the temptation was removed.

I can't imagine the game getting any new players due to the fact that end game is freaking pointless without a decent guild and as I found out I PVPed so much that it eventually got boring and so the PVE gear I collected was merely used to aid the guild progress on new bosses and sh*t like that. A lot of people take pleasure in that but to me the gear was only useful to make the game more fun in the PVP elements.

Sadly the game is all about gear, guilds can't progress via skill, they need to gear up cons**tantly so it's a never ending battle. New players and the none guilded have no chance without trying to s**tart a guild of their own as to get into the top guilds you need decent gear, I got mine from the PVP side but not everyone had s**tupid amounts of time to PVP with.

I know I'll probably sound like a big hypocrite referring to others as Warcraft geeks but to me the s**tory behind the game, the PVE and all that crap was of no interes**t, in the end I jus**t played for gear but believe me when I say there are an unhealthy amount of people who absolutely love the s**tory and read about the "lore" or whatever the fook it is and actually take pleasure in killing the bosses for other reasons that jus**t the loot, even though the s**tory is literally jus**t hundreds and hunderds of pages of pointless text.

Sucky addictive game which serves no purpose but to take over people's lives.

Cycloon, I'd probably have welcomed the new areas if it wasn't for all the time I put into PVP only for 18 months later they completely change the sys**tem so you can have a life and play to progress. Blizzard are a bunch of jokers, the way they handled the PVP sysyetm and such was a piece take.

Oh yeah and no ball kicking, it was the /spit macro all the kids used when you pwn them in PVP :D
Fri 05/01/07 at 15:21
Regular
"8==="
I ordered is off Darkarus but my P.O. never arrived so I took that as a sign.

Stuck to Morrowind and considering how much I love jumping around titles and hate being tied down to subscriptions it was probably a good thing. :D

That said I quite like chilling out to Bejewelled 2 and Final final 2 billion just looks like the kind of grinding seen in Bejewelled 2 but with people to chat with and kick in the balls (if i can kick them in the balls it'll be worth the sub alone, can I?).
Fri 05/01/07 at 15:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My account has about 100 days played

so 2400 hours

it's scarily addictive. I dispute the levelling thing; I think a new levelling experience and new zones and stuff is what the game needs, not more high end dungeons alone. My guild got halfway through AQ40, and I quit after we killed Nef basically. Was great fun at times but just got dull; i'm not getting the expansion as I know I'll play it non stop.
Fri 05/01/07 at 13:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Aye he's even more of a geek than me with Disgaea and the 1300 hours i put into that
Fri 05/01/07 at 13:45
Regular
3100 hours?

Holy f**k!

I thought Oblivion had stolen my life when I played it for around 200 hours...
Fri 05/01/07 at 13:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think i was level 25 or so as i remember doing some of the stuff in Wetlands and what not.

Then i went back for the month and got her up to level 53 before getting bored again and realising i wouldn't be able to do the end instances considering my comp was already beginning to lag a bit in Zul'furrak
Fri 05/01/07 at 09:43
Regular
haha ummmm I am kinda starting to remember that now, think we had fooked around in Stranglethorn and got bored so I had a genius idea to start again :D Don't remember much after though, don't think you ever made it to level 20 did you?

I'll add you to LIVE when I login later man.
Fri 05/01/07 at 00:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
:-D Not a problem hehe

Didn't i play with you when you were a rogue? I'm sure i was still playing and we decided we were bored of hunters so i went with the mage and you were the rogue, or rather you wanted to change and wanted someone to go through the start with so talked me into it :-D

Anyway Kawada23 live gamertag, feel free to add
Fri 05/01/07 at 00:17
Regular
I always loved Warsong but that was usually because a good game between guild groups and organised teams would end up being a 10 vs 10 middlefield and pretty much from rank 5 to rank 14 we had a Horde team doing the same as us and we played vs them every day for 2-3 months and had some truly memorable games.

They had 3 mages with the ZG and MC damage trinkets and we had some truly awesome healing and rogues so the tactics employed made it like no other game I had played before.

Arathi Basin though was the death of PVP, games would end within 2-3 minutes and we would just rinse and repeat, take bases and pretty much destroy any team we came across, no fun at all, just mindless grinding for honour. Plus I think with Warsong world PVP still existed, raiding cross-roads and stuff whilst queuing yet after AB and the ability to queue in major cities was just a completely odd decision to make as all the world areas were used for then was e-peen ganking from groups of kids.

I got rid of the hunter though just after you stopped and went for a rogue, in terms of end game raiding it doesn't get any dulller, spam 3 buttons over and over, maybe 4 if the fight required silences and stuff but still was a load of shaft, just at the time of choosing the rank 14 gear for hunters wasn't all that yet for rogues/warriors it was the mutties.

Hunters had the last laugh though with that major patch they got which screwed everyone else over, rogues and warrios got shafted in returnn so it was kinda a big fook in the ass all round.

After you quit there were only Swede's and Danes left to talk to so cheers for that :D they all thought I was freaking insane with my Yorkshire accent and stuff, none of them understood a fooking word I said.
Thu 04/01/07 at 23:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
hehe yea my favourites were the Astranaar horde raids and being the sneaky evil Mage i was taking pot shots from the Hordes dumb enough to charge in from the safety of the hotel :-D Soon as Battlegrounds came that killed the game for me, my main enjoyment was from the town raids and Battlegrounds pretty much ruined that.

Went back for a month and realised it was just repetitive and boring and never went back since. Great fun while it lasted though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.