GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Censoring (ahem *monitoring*) posts!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/06/01 at 16:57
Regular
I have read a couple of posts written over the last few days which have concentrated on setting up moderators in these forums. This in itself is not a problem, what is getting to me is that people are suggesting that these posts are suggesting that moderators should be able to get rid of the drivelling chatter which takes place in these forums.

People can say what they like, where they like and when they like, as long as it is not offensive and generally nasty to other people. This is called the "Freedom of Speech", whether someone else finds what people say irrelevent or not has nothing to do with it, if you don't want to read posts which have no meaning, then don't, that is a way by which people can moderate theselves and what they read.

I do not believe that people should be prevented from posting in any forum or in any thread, this is a serious issue, fair enough it may not be on the colossul scale of political prisoners in China, but the priciple is fundamentally the same.
Mon 11/06/01 at 23:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix Thraves wrote:

Obviously the main function is to stop idiots swearing and
> abusing the forums.

Look Grix I said I am sorry!
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:49
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
In reply to a topic started by SpiderII (MoneyMoneyMoneyWhats the Point)

FireBreath wrote,

"the PSX must have a very low level polygon cos the graphics are sh*te"

This is the sort of unconstructive comment that has to be stopped on the forums

These sort of comments will mean that topics are possibly ignored, and will stop people writing good posts. Im all for civil liberties but some comments are uncalled for and can destroy a good thread.
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bonus wrote:
> Wow, Goaty son, chill, I know more about that sort of tuff than you
> can imaging, and if you had bothered to read anything, you would
> have known that I made it public that I did not agree with what Tony
> is trying to do.

Ok then, me being a "son", I call you on this one Bonus. Purely in the interest of personal amusement - what sort of "tuff" do you know about that is more than I can possibly imagine?

Hmm?

Come on then dude...
*s*
Methinks someone is out of their depth a little know, I play dumb but socio-political debate is something I thrive on.
Oh, and don't call me "son", being 28 I am certainly not "son" to you.

So, let's hear what you know about the topic of civil rights and the UK involvement with the European Civil Rights Charter....
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Moderators... mmmm....

All forum members are equal... Some are more equal than others..
Mon 11/06/01 at 20:56
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Freedom of speach is over estimated... and not allowed in many countries.

Over here freedom of speach in Oldham has been cancelled. National front members (I AM NOT ONE OF THEM! I am indian as it happens!) are not allowed to parade- something that should be allowed in freedom of speach,

In germany, there are no extreem parties allowed!

Sonic
Mon 11/06/01 at 19:39
Regular
§pider wrote:
> Bonus, i think the forums should stay the smae as they are. Noone is
> upset now, and i think we should drop the whole matter!

:)

Grix suggested I start a post about it, so I did, and now I get ransacked for it??
Mon 11/06/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Bonus, i think the forums should stay the smae as they are. Noone is upset now, and i think we should drop the whole matter!

:)
Mon 11/06/01 at 19:33
Regular
Wow, Goaty son, chill, I know more about that sort of tuff than you can imaging, and if you had bothered to read anything, you would have known that I made it public that I did not agree with what Tony is trying to do.
Mon 11/06/01 at 18:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bonus:

www.uniteunion.org
www.amnestyusa.org/abolish
www.calyx.com/~refuse
www.akpress.com

All of these groups will be only to keen to take up this issue you've highlighted of a flagrant abuse of civil liberties.

Don't forget to mention Tony "Pinochet" Rainbird for censoring newbies putting new topics up and Uk"Chilean Death Squads"Game.com for using a language filter to remove swearing.

You either have total and unrestricted access or, if you accept that some control is needed, then you abide by whatever is decided.

Except we live in the UK, which has no civil liberties to speak of.
We did sign the European Charter for Civil Rights, although we missed out on huge portions to do with civil rights and freedom of information.

Which is why we have the Criminal Justice Act that prevents, should they wish, groups of more than 4 meeting in public places and why the government can, and do, record ALL text messages sent by your phone and store them for up to 7 years.

So relax.
Or, if you have a problem, if no one else can help and if you can find them, maybe you can hire The A-Team
Mon 11/06/01 at 18:00
Regular
turbonutter wrote:

Someone's not very quick off the mark!

I must still be missing the point, I don't hate the class system, I just think it should be changed a little. There is an obvious difference between some newbies and regulars and the class system highlights this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.