GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Censoring (ahem *monitoring*) posts!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/06/01 at 16:57
Regular
I have read a couple of posts written over the last few days which have concentrated on setting up moderators in these forums. This in itself is not a problem, what is getting to me is that people are suggesting that these posts are suggesting that moderators should be able to get rid of the drivelling chatter which takes place in these forums.

People can say what they like, where they like and when they like, as long as it is not offensive and generally nasty to other people. This is called the "Freedom of Speech", whether someone else finds what people say irrelevent or not has nothing to do with it, if you don't want to read posts which have no meaning, then don't, that is a way by which people can moderate theselves and what they read.

I do not believe that people should be prevented from posting in any forum or in any thread, this is a serious issue, fair enough it may not be on the colossul scale of political prisoners in China, but the priciple is fundamentally the same.
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Slip right up there.

Ooo
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:14
Regular
HA!! Invade the Bay of Bonus!! You're having a laugh!!
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I guess.

Personally, I had my little Cuban flag ready for a "Bay of Bonus" invasion

hehe

Christ I'm bored
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:00
Regular
I suppose so, it was quite amusing though.
Tue 12/06/01 at 13:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Whoa there Bonus.

Relax and we'll both just walkaway.

This is degenerated into childish "My dad can beat your dad up" nonsense and there are bigger and better things to fight about.

Peace.
Tue 12/06/01 at 13:56
Regular
Hello, I see this is getting a little silly now Goaty, I am certainly not out of my depth when it comes to politics and if you want to get all shirty about it go ahead. Again, you fail to read properly into what I read, I said I know more about it than you could imagine, because I do. That is not a statement on whether I know more than you or whether you know sod all about anything, so why do you seem to think anything I post is a direct insult?? I couldn't care less about what you know, how old you are or whether you can imagine how much I know on this subject (having studied both Scottish Politics and Constituitional and Administrative Law at degree level over the last year), maybe, just maybe, I was talking about me.
Tue 12/06/01 at 12:00
Cool :-)
Tue 12/06/01 at 11:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You know it.

But, there is fun to be had with the few accessions we made to the European Charter.
Especially the section on being able to refuse to "supply information on the grounds it may incriminate yourself" and how that can be applied to traffic cameras.
Tue 12/06/01 at 11:40
To Goatboy

I ranted on a while back about our European Rights, its all very cool...if I had the money I might sue the Government for making people pay for the BBC. My basis is that the cheapest way to get online is via a settopbox and a TV set...therefore people have to pay money to the BBC before getting online, which discriminates against the poor.

The BBC could get off if they could prove they are their for the moral good of the Nation, However comming from a station that actively encourages mass Gambling every Wednesday and Saturday I think that would be hard to prove.
Tue 12/06/01 at 00:00
What alot of people don't realise is that this problem is harder to vanquish than you think it is. No matter how hard you tell someone they won't stop doing it.

If this monitoring thing was setup it would take a lot of time for the person just read through them and edit or delete them. This would me alot less post for the person doing this

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.