GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"form to mail .php has stopped working"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/06 at 10:10
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Until recently I have been using MY .php script, which is located in my Freeola: cgi-shl/feedback.php, this has been processing the form to arrive as an email without a problem. Last week I tested all of my website forms used on the Freeola servers, none of the information from the forms arrived as an email. To double check I changed the form back to use the Freeola cgi-bin .php form_to_mail script this too fails to work and information completed in the website contact form never arrives ???.

I have also noted that my frontside website email address has now ceased to work.

I have repeatedly retested all of my contact forms again today and still none are arriving 'at all' as they should be as emails !!!.
I have checked the .php script which is still correct and unchanged from the working times and have Re-uploaded it to ensure its not at fault.

As your form_to_mail.php also fails to work I can only conclude the problem is with the Freeola servers ????.

Any Clues, anyone elses form to mail stopped working ???
Fri 22/12/06 at 12:10
Regular
Hi Danny
Further to my call this morning I can confirm that this issue is still not resolved I have tried our forms this morning after your posting and messages are not arriving (still) a minor issue it may seem to be, but it seems to be taking a long time to resolve, our forms have now been not working for 3 days. I received a message this morning from two days ago, but other messages have simply not arrived as yet. I am sure that your technical partners will resolve it soon but yes its very frustrating.

Kev :-)
Fri 22/12/06 at 13:39
"Are you sure?"
Not working for me either yet.

Today I have received an email generated at 9.22 am Wednesday - so I'm hopefull that emails are only being delayed and not lost.

Can anyone confirm that?
Thanks...
Sat 23/12/06 at 09:19
Regular
Saturday Morning now and guess what? another batch of submissions has arrived some from as far back as Wednesday most from Thursday but none from Friday or this morning, so I take it that its still no fixed yet :-(
Sat 23/12/06 at 09:50
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Hi guys,

Unfortunately not, we are still investigating this fault. Not entirely sure of a fix date though, with Christmas on our heels. We will keep you informed as and when we hear anything on this, and hope to have this resolved a.s.a.p!

Merry Christmas!
Sat 23/12/06 at 11:04
Regular
Thanks for that - As I am working Xmas eve Xmas Day AND Boxing day I think that Freeola staff should cancel the Xmas holidays and join me and work well at least until the mail problem is fixed (he he he)

and a Merry Xmas to you as well

Kev
Sat 23/12/06 at 17:23
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Well, we are open tomorrow for a short period of time, so we will be sharing your pain! ...If that helps in anyway!
Sat 23/12/06 at 17:31
"Are you sure?"
Hi Vexxxed,
This has been going on for quite a few days now. Can anyone say if all emails will be delivered eventually or are there likely to be lost messages??? I would like to keep 'my' clients informed.

Merry Xmas!
Hmmm...
[Also Passionate about Support!]
Sat 23/12/06 at 17:37
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
To be honest, I've not been in the office for the last couple of days, so I'm not totally up on the issue. From what I've heard, mails are just being delayed, however I'm not totally sure unfortunately.

The person with the most knowledge on this will be at work tomorrow on support. If you get a chance give us a quick call and hopefully we will have some sort of update for you.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may be causing!
Sat 23/12/06 at 17:45
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for that.
Perhaps you could get them (Nic?) to update this thread so that all interested parties are kept informed?
Sat 23/12/06 at 17:47
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
I will certainly pass this on tomorrow for you, and will do what I can for some news!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.