GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"form to mail .php has stopped working"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/06 at 10:10
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Until recently I have been using MY .php script, which is located in my Freeola: cgi-shl/feedback.php, this has been processing the form to arrive as an email without a problem. Last week I tested all of my website forms used on the Freeola servers, none of the information from the forms arrived as an email. To double check I changed the form back to use the Freeola cgi-bin .php form_to_mail script this too fails to work and information completed in the website contact form never arrives ???.

I have also noted that my frontside website email address has now ceased to work.

I have repeatedly retested all of my contact forms again today and still none are arriving 'at all' as they should be as emails !!!.
I have checked the .php script which is still correct and unchanged from the working times and have Re-uploaded it to ensure its not at fault.

As your form_to_mail.php also fails to work I can only conclude the problem is with the Freeola servers ????.

Any Clues, anyone elses form to mail stopped working ???
Wed 20/12/06 at 16:44
Regular
I'm also having problems with this, but I've been reliably informed that Freeola are currently investigating.

GWD
Wed 20/12/06 at 17:47
"Are you sure?"
'freeola' any update on this would be most welcome!

Can you say if generated emails are being delayed or lost???
Thank you...
Wed 20/12/06 at 21:42
Regular
One of my sites is working again, but still have two sites not working :-( but they are on differant servers? perhaps by the morning all will be well again.

Kev
Wed 20/12/06 at 21:53
Regular
old messages have turned up i just spoke to a client and mesages that were sent this morning via the php mail form from his site have all arrived this evening so thats good news
Thu 21/12/06 at 09:08
"Are you sure?"
I had two messages through at 1.52am from two of my sites.
But my other domains don't seem to be working.

I've just re-tested one of the sites that worked in the night and that hasn't appeared - so I don't think the problem is fixed yet ;¬(
Thu 21/12/06 at 10:30
Regular
Its certainaly not fixed as I still have a site that has had no messages since yesterday, and some that are really slow from other sites
Thu 21/12/06 at 15:09
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote yesterday:
> 'freeola' any update on this would be most welcome!
>
> Can you say if generated emails are being delayed or lost???
> Thank you...

:¬(

Just after writing this an email from 10.08 am yesterday arrived! Hopefully this means it's just a go-slow and nothing will be lost.

INFORMATION PLEASE...
Thu 21/12/06 at 20:34
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hmmm... wrote yesterday:
> 'freeola' any update on this would be most welcome!
>

Hi Hmmm
I called Freeola again this afternoon as the status page still reports all well and a severe lack of feedback via the forum. The chap I spoke to said that it was mostly server 2 that was at fault, (my problem site is server 3) but when quizzed about the status page and updates he said that the regular staff members who do that were all off today. Surely someone in the office has the know how to update some thing some where, after all they are the support line for us?? he said to try changing servers over ( point to a different server) I have tried that and from where am sitting its more than server 2 thats faulty.

Kev

P.S You will gather from that am still no working :-(
Fri 22/12/06 at 08:55
"Are you sure?"
Two of the sites I tested are on server 2 and another on 6 and one on 7 - and nothing is working for me :(

I haven't had a reply from my support ticket.

While I'm typing this I'm staring at the 'Premium Customer Support' advert :¬( Freeola can we have an update please?

As many staff will be on holiday leaving the rest busy, and as they have mentioned in the past this forum is last on their list of duties. Perhaps Freeola could say that when cusotmers are requesting support and need to get some attention, if using the 'report this post' link would be appropriate? This would bring a thread like this to their attention. Obviously it shouldn't be used for GAD queries etc. If they would rather not, then surely someone could look in this forum at least once a day?
Fri 22/12/06 at 11:03
Regular
"Brucie Bonus"
Dear All,

We are experiencing a limited problem with form to mail e-mails on at least one server. We are working on this but it does require assistance and cooperation from our technical partners.

Due to a limitation with our current network status system it is hard for us to flag what we consider to be a relatively small fault (I appreciate that those affected are frustrated). On this front, we have a new more inclusive network status system coming online in the new year.

We have actually now received notification that the fault is fixed but we don't tend to consider this closed until we have had an opportunity to test it. If anybody wishes to post further results please feel free to do so and we will attempt to monitor here. However, if you wish to receive a personal reply, please use our online support system at http://freeola.com/support.

Regards,
Danny

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.