GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"form to mail .php has stopped working"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/06 at 10:10
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Until recently I have been using MY .php script, which is located in my Freeola: cgi-shl/feedback.php, this has been processing the form to arrive as an email without a problem. Last week I tested all of my website forms used on the Freeola servers, none of the information from the forms arrived as an email. To double check I changed the form back to use the Freeola cgi-bin .php form_to_mail script this too fails to work and information completed in the website contact form never arrives ???.

I have also noted that my frontside website email address has now ceased to work.

I have repeatedly retested all of my contact forms again today and still none are arriving 'at all' as they should be as emails !!!.
I have checked the .php script which is still correct and unchanged from the working times and have Re-uploaded it to ensure its not at fault.

As your form_to_mail.php also fails to work I can only conclude the problem is with the Freeola servers ????.

Any Clues, anyone elses form to mail stopped working ???
Wed 13/12/06 at 10:10
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Until recently I have been using MY .php script, which is located in my Freeola: cgi-shl/feedback.php, this has been processing the form to arrive as an email without a problem. Last week I tested all of my website forms used on the Freeola servers, none of the information from the forms arrived as an email. To double check I changed the form back to use the Freeola cgi-bin .php form_to_mail script this too fails to work and information completed in the website contact form never arrives ???.

I have also noted that my frontside website email address has now ceased to work.

I have repeatedly retested all of my contact forms again today and still none are arriving 'at all' as they should be as emails !!!.
I have checked the .php script which is still correct and unchanged from the working times and have Re-uploaded it to ensure its not at fault.

As your form_to_mail.php also fails to work I can only conclude the problem is with the Freeola servers ????.

Any Clues, anyone elses form to mail stopped working ???
Wed 13/12/06 at 13:15
"Are you sure?"
Hi 19-46, I've just checked two of my sites that use the Freeola script and the email came through immediately.

I see you have a Hotmail address on your site. Are you by any chance forwarding your FORM data to a Hotmail (or similar) address?

It seems Freeola email forwarding to Hotmail accounts has been failing for some weeks now.
This thread refers to the problem [URL]http://chat.freeola.com/Web-Development-4-chat/Email-forwarding-849.html[/URL]

Hope that helps you...
Wed 13/12/06 at 14:24
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Thanks for reply,

It certainly does appear that good old Hotmail is to blame, I had thought it was a server error and was utterly frustrated as to what the cause was, as it suddenly stopped emails arriving last week. I now use my own .php script as I have more fields that need to be detailed in the email from the contact form.

Thanks to: Robert Strzelecki at the
Freeola and GetDotted Customer Support Centre, who sugested cancelling the forwarding to hotmail and setting it up via outlook express. This I have done and emails are once again here.

I to look after several websites on Freeola servers on other peoples behalf, now thanks to Hotmail filtering all emails will have to arrange for clients to provide another e mail address.

Dan Link to 19-46
Wed 20/12/06 at 10:17
"Are you sure?"
FWIW:

I noticed yesterday evening that an email from a Freeola 'feedback form' took a long time to arrive - When I previously replied in this thread the system was working instantly.

I've generated 3 tests using 3 different Freeola hosted sites (all using the standard Freeola script) an hour ago and nothing's arrived yet ???

Normal Freeola email is arriving successfully in a few minutes.
The forms haven't been changed and are all using Freeola email accounts.

If anyone else is seeing the same problem please post here.
I'll give the emails another few hours to arrive before I raise a Support Ticket.
Wed 20/12/06 at 12:33
Regular
Hi yes I noticed this morning that the forms on 3 of our web sites are not working using the form to mail but normal e-mail is OK

Kev
Wed 20/12/06 at 12:51
Regular
I just called the Help Desk and the Genleman says that they are aware that there is a problem with one of the servers and that they are working on it, BUT the network status page says every thing is fine?

Kev
Wed 20/12/06 at 12:58
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update Kev.
I raised a Support Ticket earlier.

I wish they would update the Status page a bit more efficiently if they are aware of a problem...
Wed 20/12/06 at 13:09
Regular
Well now a thought about saying more on that in my posting then thought better not or they will think am a grump (I am really) but am nice with it, I always thats ALWAYS look at the satus page first but its usually always saying everything is fine and dandy (even when its clearly not for some) anyhow as you have already called then they could have updated it to save me calling and save them answering the phone, thus letting them repair the faulty server faster? you get my drift?

Kev ;-)
Wed 20/12/06 at 13:33
"Are you sure?"
Hopefully Freeola will update the Status page soon.

I would like to know if emails are just being delayed by the problem or if they will be lost - which is a bad thing :¬(
Wed 20/12/06 at 14:04
Regular
Am sure they will get it resolved soon, but thats a good point about if they are lost or missing? perhaps a staffie might enlighten us?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.