GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"form to mail .php has stopped working"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/06 at 10:10
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Until recently I have been using MY .php script, which is located in my Freeola: cgi-shl/feedback.php, this has been processing the form to arrive as an email without a problem. Last week I tested all of my website forms used on the Freeola servers, none of the information from the forms arrived as an email. To double check I changed the form back to use the Freeola cgi-bin .php form_to_mail script this too fails to work and information completed in the website contact form never arrives ???.

I have also noted that my frontside website email address has now ceased to work.

I have repeatedly retested all of my contact forms again today and still none are arriving 'at all' as they should be as emails !!!.
I have checked the .php script which is still correct and unchanged from the working times and have Re-uploaded it to ensure its not at fault.

As your form_to_mail.php also fails to work I can only conclude the problem is with the Freeola servers ????.

Any Clues, anyone elses form to mail stopped working ???
Tue 13/02/07 at 11:58
Regular
granty77 wrote:
> Mine aren't working either - don't know how long this has been an
> issue for. Can anyone shed some light on the matter?

This is an old thread that got 'woken up'.
The latest problems seemed to start around the time of the email authentication problems a week or so back. See this thread for more [URL]http://chat.freeola.com/Web-Development-4-chat/Freeola-email--ERR-login-failed-1700.html[/URL]
Tue 13/02/07 at 11:49
Regular
"tagline schmagline"
Mine aren't working either - don't know how long this has been an issue for. Can anyone shed some light on the matter?
Tue 06/02/07 at 21:00
Regular
"Become a veteran"
I began learning about Forms and found my captured responses were taking 8 or 9 hours to be sent to me. Freeola support said they had been suffering abuse of the system from spammers for over a week and were having to filter everything hence the delay. They hoped to have it resolved very soon.
Sun 24/12/06 at 09:35
"Are you sure?"
Things seem to be working normally for me as well this morning!

No more problems allowed - all I want is a quiet life...
Sat 23/12/06 at 21:48
Regular
21.50 Just received a message sent on the 20/12/06 so old messages are still floating about in the system amd making their way to my inbox - I blame Santa!

Kev
Sat 23/12/06 at 20:52
Regular
Hi Vexxxed

Update Sat PM 20.53pm messages are arriving almost as soon as they are sent on all my forms now - WELL DONE that man, as a reward and asssuming that everyone else is sorted you can finnish early tommorrow and have Monday and Tuesday off.

Just for the record my prob had nothing to do with Hotmail as I never use it.

Merry Christmas one and all ( BAH HUMBUG)

Kev
Sat 23/12/06 at 18:50
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hello all,

May I dare to suggest that a specific scripting & tutorial forum is created in the new year so we websters may exchange information as to how to do 'stuff'. It seems to be working here so far.

I have read & now done the webcam - website feed entry tutorial as detailed by machie, which is great.

I am a self taught website creator, i don't know it all, so am always learning more day by day, this way we all learn more.

Happy Christmas all,
D7
Sat 23/12/06 at 18:13
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
I so wanted to go to the Argos sales, damn it. So why is there a flood of problems with this issue after I initially had problems.

Yes I changed my setting but in the mean time lost XXXX amount of contact and note that others here are still doing so.

As I said, I too manage websites on behalf of others and was it not for the test emails arriving I wouldn't have picked up on it.

IS the problem with Freeola OR Hotmail OR both ???.

PS:I still want the vouchers.

No seriously this is an important issue that affected a lot of us.

D7
Sat 23/12/06 at 18:05
"Are you sure?"
Hi 19-46.
You've turned up a bit late?!

Good try, but your original problem was all down to the Hotmail issue! I just thought I would hijack the thread for the latest problem ;ŹD

When something like this happens I always wonder where all the other 1000's of Freeola customers go...
Sat 23/12/06 at 17:58
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
Hi 19-46 here again,

Well I do appear to have stirred it up a tad by highlighting my observations of this problem and was clearly NOT the only one affected.

Point 1, have the E mails sent during this period been lost ???, I personally noticed a significant drop in contact e mails.

Point 2, was this for all Freeola form_to_mail.php users??, I script my own .php but it also failed to arrive as I originally pointed out on 13 dec 06.

point 3, I have retested today and the contents of forms to e mails seems to have arrived OK !!.

point 4, can I have the 'blankety blank cheque book & pen' (30 vouchers for championing this problem), go on its christmas.

Have a great christmas to all D7

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.