GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SPECIAL RESERVE HAS!?! Tony please respond!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 21:43
Regular
There's only one way for an account to be deleted. And that's if Tony or webmaster deletes it.

Well I've just had to re-register as my username and password were not registered on here already!

I entered all the details the same (Including username) and it let me register without saying that someone is already using that username!

Unless Tony's got a good reason why my account was deleted, then Special Reserve, or atleast UKdiscussions has been hacked and is NOT SAFE!

Tony please reply, and check my details if you don't believe me! They are all the same!

NOTE - this was due to an error, not a hack.
Tue 12/06/01 at 16:16
Regular
webmaster@sr wrote:
> FIRSTLY: WE HAVE NOT BEEN HACKED.

We take security very seriously
> and all of our servers are well protected. In this case Edgy's
> registration was inadvertently made inactive by an overnight script
> which cleans up our registration database. The registration still
> existed but was not usable which is why the system allowed a new one
> to be created.

I have modified all of your posts on the new
> registration to be back on the old one and I have corrected the
> error in the overnight script which caused this problem.

Edgy, I
> would also urge you to be more careful in wording your threads/posts
> in future. Stating that Special Reserve has been hacked could be
> very harmful to our reputation ESPECIALLY when this is not the
> truth. If you really do believe there to be a problem then you
> should contact me directly ([email protected]) or post
> your message under a less harmful heading.

I read this then just had to give you a wake up call, just be assured that I am looking into other ways of getting in and if I find any i'll let the staff know!!
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:47
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
SO Edgy's back to normal again then!
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:35
Regular
I know how to adapt the cookie on my machine to log in as someone else, I wont, but I do know how. SR you might want to stop the stats window giving out peoples account id!!
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:10
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
Back to Normal
Tue 12/06/01 at 14:09
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
While your at it webmaster, could you block the ending @sr from peoples names, or well be tempted to run rampant on the site

Jimmy
Tue 12/06/01 at 13:36
I couldn't quite work that one out either! When I switched his registration live again though it seemed to sort it out so I have done anymore checking.
Tue 12/06/01 at 12:51
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Phew glad thats over...one question though webmaster why was he renamed I'm stupid on the top 100 posters list
Tue 12/06/01 at 11:12
Thanks for clearing this up Webmaster.
Tue 12/06/01 at 11:06
FIRSTLY: WE HAVE NOT BEEN HACKED.

We take security very seriously and all of our servers are well protected. In this case Edgy's registration was inadvertently made inactive by an overnight script which cleans up our registration database. The registration still existed but was not usable which is why the system allowed a new one to be created.

I have modified all of your posts on the new registration to be back on the old one and I have corrected the error in the overnight script which caused this problem.

Edgy, I would also urge you to be more careful in wording your threads/posts in future. Stating that Special Reserve has been hacked could be very harmful to our reputation ESPECIALLY when this is not the truth. If you really do believe there to be a problem then you should contact me directly ([email protected]) or post your message under a less harmful heading.
Tue 12/06/01 at 09:32
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Why can't they take the details from I am stupid on the top 100 posters list onto your new account!

PS it is lucky you weren't elected anotable!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.