GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SPECIAL RESERVE HAS!?! Tony please respond!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 21:43
Regular
There's only one way for an account to be deleted. And that's if Tony or webmaster deletes it.

Well I've just had to re-register as my username and password were not registered on here already!

I entered all the details the same (Including username) and it let me register without saying that someone is already using that username!

Unless Tony's got a good reason why my account was deleted, then Special Reserve, or atleast UKdiscussions has been hacked and is NOT SAFE!

Tony please reply, and check my details if you don't believe me! They are all the same!

NOTE - this was due to an error, not a hack.
Thu 14/06/01 at 10:25
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> I still wanna know how my account username was changed to something
> so precise instead of random characters if all that happened was my
> account was unaccessable....

Edgy, you did say that the person had hacked your other accounts, if they had and you used the same password for all of your things then that would more than likely be how it happened, and by the sounds of things, it is more than likely someone you know who is doing it, or how else would they get to know you came on here?? Also if they had hacked or had any other access to your machine, they could also have just copied your cookie, wouldn't be that difficult!!

I did read somewhere that you had the persons ip. If you give it to me i'll look it up for you on a WHIOS database and let you know exactly where it is coming from!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 08:34
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
How did you change the title did the staff do that or did Edgy
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:22
Regular
I still wanna know how my account username was changed to something so precise instead of random characters if all that happened was my account was unaccessable....
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:09
Regular
""
Jump overboard!
Wed 13/06/01 at 21:06
Regular
ARGHHHHH PANIC HACKERS ABOARD!
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:33
Regular
Sorry RBS, just kidding!!
Wed 13/06/01 at 17:24
Regular
"You've upset me"
Bonus wrote:

Why not, on the serious side of things I could have been a
> serial killer looking for my next victim (if RBS stops posting it
> wasn't me!!) or on the funny side of things I could have changed
> your tag, I did it to Grix with his permission just to show it could
> be done, and it fraked him out a little!!

*RBS is conspicous by his absence*

D'oh!

:-D
Wed 13/06/01 at 15:53
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
webmaster@sr wrote:
Unfortunately it
> ran on a macintosh and it was useless.

Summed up in one sentence :)
Wed 13/06/01 at 15:44
They should do know. It was our old mail server. Unfortunately it ran on a macintosh and it was useless. When we first started we didn't send confirmation e-mails, so it's no surprise that old accounts will still work.

er-no wrote:
> webmaster, another.com email accounts never receiver confirmation
> emails when setting up an account. This is a trouble I had when I
> had to sign up....

Also, my old username Toni, never needed the
> actual confirmation email reply/link and I managed to post without
> it, infact I can still post as Toni, without even having any
> details???

:)
Wed 13/06/01 at 13:09
Regular
SR be hacked, never, no one could ever infiltrate their system, could they Bonus??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.