GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deep Thinking 001"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/11/05 at 13:32
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm one of nature's thinkers. I usually come up with random thoughts that no one else actually wants to talk to me about.

Anybody care to discuss:

"If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you done?"

I'd say fail, but I don't know for sure.
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Twain wrote:
> How many seconds in a year?

[URL]http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+many+second+in+a+year&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official/[/URL]
Thu 17/11/05 at 19:14
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
If you try to fail, but actually succeed, then you have failed your objective, which was to fail.

If you try to fail and do, then you have succeededin your objective, which was to fail.

How many seconds in a year?
Thu 17/11/05 at 18:58
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'd go for fail.
Thu 17/11/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Who in the right mind tries to fail?

Doctor Duck wrote:
> If you love someone but hurt them, is it crueller than hating them
> from the off?

If you want to hurt someone you love, surely you don't really love them.
Thu 17/11/05 at 18:56
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I don't know what to say. I've never had love so I'm just gonna have to listen to you.
Thu 17/11/05 at 18:51
Regular
"You've upset me"
Love hurts. Lubricate.
Thu 17/11/05 at 17:11
Regular
If you love someone but hurt them, is it crueller than hating them from the off?

Not trying to sound emo, it's just something I saw yesterday got me thinking.

Surely if it is, it's better to just keep back from the people you genuinely love and care about, because human failings make such cruelty inevitable.
But you can justify it by arguing the good times outweigh the bad, 'better to have loved and lost..' and all that.
Then again, do we really have the right to make that choice of the people who will be affected by our actions?

And how do we feel when we know we're going to cause this pain to people we love?
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
well done on finding this out.

The equationy thing looks like something we did in Statistics last year. I guess that maths does have uses outside of school.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:03
Regular
Mission A - Something or other
Mission B - Fail mission A

"If you try to fail, and succeed [in doing "something or other"], what have you done?" then you've succeeded at A and failed at B.

"If you try to fail, and succeed [in failing "something or other"], what have you done?" then you've succeeded at B and failed at A.

It's just word play.
Thu 17/11/05 at 13:43
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I hate thinking. It confuses me. then again maths coursework confuses me. The only good thing about maths coursework is that I can get a grade. It's not as fun though.

I only asked as I failed my driving test a week ago and my driving instructor said that I was determined to fail, although I could succeed. in a way I succeeded in setting myself up to fail - but I must have failed 'cos I didn't get my driving lisence.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.