GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE (won by Ice Blaster)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/06/01 at 20:42
Regular
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.

The winner was - ICE BLASTER.

Here's a chance for WWF fans to win an Extra Gameaday Prize, but it won't be eeeeesy.

Your task is to work out what WWF-related products we do sell, what we should sell, and how we should sell them.

The best single post on this subject will win. However, you can have several attempts, you CAN pinch other people's ideas, and you CAN repeat things from your previous messages.

BUT - we will be taking into account just who suggested what first when we judge the competition. So you will score more points if you suggest something first.

At precisely 10 am on Monday July 8th, the competition will be closed. That gives you a whole month to start listing your ideas.

The way to approach this is to list your ideas as they come to you in individual posts, and then wait for nearer the end of the competition and repeat them (and some pinched from others) in one final message.

HOW WE SHOULD SELL THEM, is an important part of this. You can suggest promotions or make up catchphrases for banners or whatever.

Good luck, and don't fight over it.
Mon 11/06/01 at 20:00
Regular
"One More Chance"
Yeah but they take into account who started the idea.
Mon 11/06/01 at 18:26
you CAN nick other peoples ideas? im posting everything on the last day so nobody pinches my stuff.
Sun 10/06/01 at 15:19
Regular
"One More Chance"
I think you should set up a speical resreve club just for wrestling. So theres a computer club and a wrestling club. Where you offer discounts and special offers on the latest wrestling merchindise ie games, cards, clothes, DVDs, videos, belts and the banner could say Come Get Some of the latest wrestling merchindise Oh Its True its True. But thats just my idea.
Sun 10/06/01 at 13:52
Regular
"Back in black"
With the ever growing popularity of the wwf, extra WWF goods to be sold would go down well here,i would think!

Am i right in thinking that the only WWF murchandise here is the wwf games? Well obiviously you should keep them with the game guides.

Clothing)There is something called 'shopzone' on WWF.COM, were it sells all the wwf murchandise you can think: Hats, banners, T-shirts, wrestlers clothing, shades, basically all the clothes to do with the WWF. If you were to open up a clothes section to your shop, then of course all this should be added in, check out shopzone to see what is avalible. There are items of clothing from every superstar though and this would be hard to store and expensize. I would recomend getting the big superstars clothing: items of clothing from The rock, stone cold, HHH, Y2J, Benoit, Riksihi,undertaker, Kane, Kurt angle and Foley. But you should let people ask for clothing and you could try and order it or something.

music)There are 6 wwf CD's which could be sold somewere in the shop(do you do music?). WWF the music 1,2,3,4,5, and wwf aggression!

Video)There are hunderds of wwf videos and DVD's. 12 American PPV's a year(royal rumble, No way out, Wrestlemania, Backlash, Judgement day, King of the ring, Fully loaded or invasion, summerslam, unforgiven, No mercy, Survior series and Armageddon) plus the two English PPV's(Insurextion and Rebellion). These have been going on for years now so it would be very hard to keep them all. Aswell as all this you get the biograhie videos and the best of's etc, there is alot of these. I think you should have some videos, but it would be hard to get all of them and would be expensize! I would recommend getting the 5 biggest PPV's(Royal rumble, king of the ring, Wresltmania, Summerslam and Survior series!) and some of the bio's!

magazines)I do not know if this would be such a good idea, but could people get the WWF magazine's from your shop? There are several types of them but i dunno if you would want to take that up.

extras) things like posters and title belts may go down here very well, and they wouldn't be too hard to get hold of. WWF figures aswell could be good. There is also loads of other things baring the wwf title, ie: wwf coasters, tags, mugs,plates,postcards and plates. You could sell these to make good profits!

Banners)There are many wwf catchphrases and you could turn these to promote SR! If ya smell what SR is selling, That the bottom line coz SR seys so, You will never EEEEEEver need to shop any were else,<---- personal favortie. Proove us wrong, We are that damn good.

Advertisement)You could make one of them slogans on a banner, put WWF on it and some pictures of items you sell. You could get in touch with some of the big wwf sites and ask them to promote you. WWF.com, themayhem.com, ultimatewwf.com, rajahwwf, 4w-wrestling and there are loads more like the rocks site and kurt angles site.

WCW and ECW) they are also poplaur and you could sell items from the other two federations. It would allow you to incrase advertisemnt to wcw.com and ECE.com for example.

Well i hope it helps
CHRIS
Sun 10/06/01 at 13:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Legendary Link wrote:
> May 8th? is that write?

'tis indeed July 8th.
Sat 09/06/01 at 22:53
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
You should sell...

The Rock's Autobiography
Mankind Autobiography
The WWF Cook book.

WWF DVD's like...

Wrestlemania 200 and Wrestlmania History - Very popular

King of the Ring and Summerslam 2000.

WWF DVD's would be great and they'd fit nicely in the ukdvd page, or even as a seperate subsite with all the other WWF 'stuff'

Selling videos would be good but there are about 1294 registered WWF Silvervision VHS videos, supplying them all would be a nightmare!!!

WWF Title belts would be good, the real lether and gold plated ones... you can get them in places like amerchandise.com who their wholesaler is I don't know. And the chances are, the site is American based.

T-Shirts would be good and you could link special offers for the T-Shirts to the WWF games... (buy SD2 and get the 'Venom' T-Shirt half price)

Dog Tags are quite popular but very cheap and profitability would be low. Caps would be good, as would the Non-T-Shirt clothing. You'll need to find out who the wholesaler is though...

There is loads of stuff there, its what would make things worthwhile. The more expensive stuff would be great and WWF belts, although available, are very hard to get hold of for the customer, a reliable source (SR) would see quite a lot of popularity.

Game
Sat 09/06/01 at 21:03
Regular
Well you already sell WWF games, No Mercy for the 64, SD 1 and SD 2 for Ps1,wwf warzone and WWF attitude for all formats apart from PS2 and GBA, Roval Rumbal for the dreamcast and wrestlemania 2000 for GBC and 64. The new things you could sell are WWF caps, T-shirts, Video and DVD'S and Posters, the way you could advertise this is on a banner with the following words: If ya smell what special reserve is selling, and then it would say : Loads of WWF merchandise at a smack'eth down discount price, then finally it would say : Come get some attitude!!
at the side of the banner there could be a cap a t-shirt and a video sliding in with each sentence.
Sat 09/06/01 at 21:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
I think he means July the 8th
Sat 09/06/01 at 20:45
Regular
May 8th? is that write?
Sat 09/06/01 at 20:42
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.

The winner was - ICE BLASTER.

Here's a chance for WWF fans to win an Extra Gameaday Prize, but it won't be eeeeesy.

Your task is to work out what WWF-related products we do sell, what we should sell, and how we should sell them.

The best single post on this subject will win. However, you can have several attempts, you CAN pinch other people's ideas, and you CAN repeat things from your previous messages.

BUT - we will be taking into account just who suggested what first when we judge the competition. So you will score more points if you suggest something first.

At precisely 10 am on Monday July 8th, the competition will be closed. That gives you a whole month to start listing your ideas.

The way to approach this is to list your ideas as they come to you in individual posts, and then wait for nearer the end of the competition and repeat them (and some pinched from others) in one final message.

HOW WE SHOULD SELL THEM, is an important part of this. You can suggest promotions or make up catchphrases for banners or whatever.

Good luck, and don't fight over it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.