GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Love being different"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/11/05 at 10:34
Regular
"You have a choice"
Does anyone here feel their very "different" from all your friends? People who do their own thing rather than following the trends etc of everyone around them. I'm like that (although that makes me one of the number one targets of fun at school) and proud of it! While evryone around me listens to Hip-Hop (I have discovered only takes 40 mins to write and record a hip-hop song) I listen to things that are more complex. ANything by Nobuo Uematsu, or Nightwish (although I'm not a fan of the gothy lyrics, I love the orchestra stuff they use).

Also, the way I dress outside school. OK, it's not completely original, but I stay away from trakkies, anything with a NIKE logo, or any of that mass produced stuff. I recently bought a jacket from BHS which I am cutting the sleeves off tonight, and I wear a pewter broach on it. I also need some leather gloves...

And my hobbies. I enjoy composing music, writing stories, other things where I can be creative. Apart from my love of football and Video games, I seem to be in a minority.

So who else is like this? Proud to be "different"?
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:16
Regular
You sound emo.

Oh, and some goth girls are hot.
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:11
Regular
"You have a choice"
Yeah I know what you mean. I used to try and be "cool" like all my "friends". I'm glad I went a differetn way to all the old guys, half of em turned out to be Chavs.
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think as I've grown older all my firends who like different things have just faded away and the only time I speak to them is if I see them in the street or in the pub when we'll say hello. All my close friends nowadays like the same things I do - drinking, playing snooker, supporting Forest for example.
Tue 08/11/05 at 10:45
Regular
"You have a choice"
haha....must try that on...Azzy...

That's right. His name is Tom but his nickname is "Azrael"....man he creeps me out.

And hugs from Cheryl are always an ordeal thank you very much person who invented spikey dog collars.....
Tue 08/11/05 at 10:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Get them both drunk and passed-out, then carve "I like men" into their arms, leaving them arranged so that the blood goes all sticky and heals their arms together. That can't be undone, it's a sacred vow to the Lord Goth Memnoth.
Tue 08/11/05 at 10:41
Regular
"You have a choice"
Nah, they is scary goths. I'm not like that!

I DON'T like Nightwish's Gothy lyrics. I stay very away from make up and I hate death metal (Cradle of Filth...is that MUSIC??!!) The black and leather I wear is minimal, although I am getting the gloves.

Oh yeah, I dunno about ALL goth's, but I'm not a manic depressive like my two goth mates who like to carve things into their wrists....
Tue 08/11/05 at 10:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Google says you're not alone, emo: [URL]http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=goths&hl=en[/URL]

Jesus, it looks like an episode of The Tribe.
Tue 08/11/05 at 10:34
Regular
"You have a choice"
Does anyone here feel their very "different" from all your friends? People who do their own thing rather than following the trends etc of everyone around them. I'm like that (although that makes me one of the number one targets of fun at school) and proud of it! While evryone around me listens to Hip-Hop (I have discovered only takes 40 mins to write and record a hip-hop song) I listen to things that are more complex. ANything by Nobuo Uematsu, or Nightwish (although I'm not a fan of the gothy lyrics, I love the orchestra stuff they use).

Also, the way I dress outside school. OK, it's not completely original, but I stay away from trakkies, anything with a NIKE logo, or any of that mass produced stuff. I recently bought a jacket from BHS which I am cutting the sleeves off tonight, and I wear a pewter broach on it. I also need some leather gloves...

And my hobbies. I enjoy composing music, writing stories, other things where I can be creative. Apart from my love of football and Video games, I seem to be in a minority.

So who else is like this? Proud to be "different"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.