GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Love being different"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/11/05 at 10:34
Regular
"You have a choice"
Does anyone here feel their very "different" from all your friends? People who do their own thing rather than following the trends etc of everyone around them. I'm like that (although that makes me one of the number one targets of fun at school) and proud of it! While evryone around me listens to Hip-Hop (I have discovered only takes 40 mins to write and record a hip-hop song) I listen to things that are more complex. ANything by Nobuo Uematsu, or Nightwish (although I'm not a fan of the gothy lyrics, I love the orchestra stuff they use).

Also, the way I dress outside school. OK, it's not completely original, but I stay away from trakkies, anything with a NIKE logo, or any of that mass produced stuff. I recently bought a jacket from BHS which I am cutting the sleeves off tonight, and I wear a pewter broach on it. I also need some leather gloves...

And my hobbies. I enjoy composing music, writing stories, other things where I can be creative. Apart from my love of football and Video games, I seem to be in a minority.

So who else is like this? Proud to be "different"?
Wed 09/11/05 at 10:32
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm proud to be different... what with my shiny red codpiece, my rainbow cape and my suede gauntlets... and how I speak in rhymes backed up with a toot-tooty-tiddly-toot on my penny whistle - Hoo-ha!!
Tue 08/11/05 at 14:55
Regular
"You have a choice"
illphukiir wrote:
> I hate this whole trying to be different thing, why can't you just be
> yourself?

There! That's what was getting at, but once again my poor phrasing got in he way.

I was trying to say I do what I like RATHER THAN falling into stereotypes or just following trends because they're cool. I was wondering if there were peeps round here that did that too, and if so, what they're like. Thanks Illphukiir!
Tue 08/11/05 at 14:30
Regular
"I ush!"
Lukeman wrote:
>
>
> Edit: Oh yeah, don't get me STARTED on teenagers being rounded nito
> one group...lol

Yeah, I was the stereotypical sterotype hating teenager, striving to be an individual and falling right into that box too.

The fact is that we all want to be individuals, and have our own identity, yet we still want to be socially accepted by some facet of society. No one wants to be put into a box and labelled, but sooner or later you realise that just because you have a label that isn't all you are, it just identifies part of what you are.
Tue 08/11/05 at 14:26
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
I hate this whole trying to be different thing, why can't you just be yourself?

I hate the whole categorising thing aswell, sometimes I feel like slapping some people.

I have a bunch of mates who try to be different and individual by having long hair, wearing stupidly long jeans and scruffy band T-shirts and listen to silly music, a la "The Berzerker" and call me a chav when I'm with them because I dress decently, even though I ahve the same interests as them, a la music (I do like a lot of music they don't though, e.g. Rap, dance, old reggae and a load of other stuff), a lot of my friends have the same movie interests aswell and practically all of these friends play the same games and do the same drugs as me.

Then I have a bunch of other friends who play rugby and football and shizzle and call me a mosher when I'm with them, even though at the time I was wearing a Henri Lloyd top, normal fitting jeans, and had ellese trainers on, but because I was carrying a skateboard I was automatically outcast and called a mosher.

Fjerking remtards.
Tue 08/11/05 at 14:07
Regular
"..."
I'm definetly different to all my mates. They still seem to be on a mission to sleep with a million different women once, wheras I would rather sleep with the same woman a million times. Guess that's why I've moved into my own house, got married and settled down, whilst they all still live with their parents and go clubbing every weekend.

It's all good though, they respect the fact that I've made my choices.
Tue 08/11/05 at 13:56
Regular
"You have a choice"
Simon Says wrote:
> Lukeman wrote:
> So who else is like this? Proud to be "different"?
>
> If you're so proud to be different why are looking for other people
> like you?

Hey, just trying to bring up an interesting point of discussion. I was expecting things like: "Yeah, I know what you mean. I mean, MY friends do such-and-such but I feel different because I do this".

I wasn't expecting everyone to try and classify me.

Edit: Oh yeah, don't get me STARTED on teenagers being rounded nito one group...lol
Tue 08/11/05 at 13:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You're not different, you're a teenager.

By definition, we're all the same.
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:51
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Simon Says wrote:

> Anyone remember life of brian?

Oh yes great film!
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:31
Regular
"I ush!"
Lukeman wrote:
> So who else is like this? Proud to be "different"?

If you're so proud to be different why are looking for other people like you?

Anyone remember life of brian?

Booming chorus of voices "We're all individuals!"
Lone voice "I'm not"
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:23
Regular
Different to your friends, the same as a hell of a lot of other people. However much you believe yourself to be individual based on the factors you've described it's not going to be true.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.