GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alcohol Fuelled Arguments"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/11/05 at 17:30
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
What's the oddest drink-fuelled row you've had? Over the weekend, my good lady and I had a furious slanging match about Catholicism (as Goatboy can probably testify based on the drunken and angry text he received, I took it rather seriously at the time).

We've previously took the huff with one another over an argument about Charlotte Church and her treatment by the media. The huff only stopped when we both realised that we didn't give two nuggets of equine rectal scraping about Church.

Who would like to share their strange, wonderful, and downright embarrassing beer-sodden disagreements?
Tue 08/11/05 at 09:36
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Hmm...well, it's an improvement on the hugely moralistic Ms Thraves wishing me dead in the July 7 attacks I suppose. You're right though; she does seem rather obsessed...

I'm very impressed with the quality of the arguments everyone has had! I remembered another favourite of mine; an extraordinarily hammered friend and I were discussing a young lady he had his eye on. And who was, quite blatently, leading him a merry dance. So I told him so in a "Listen mate; don't mug yourself" kind of way.

Next thing I knew, he was looking at both me and his fist in sort of shocked horror whilst apologising. I was picking myself up whilst exclaiming (joyfully and laughingly; I too was drunk) "You just punched me!"
Tue 08/11/05 at 09:25
Regular
A whole "northerner v southerner" one lasted the entire 45 minute walk back to our house from the student union once.

"All bands on XFM are Beatles wannabes" - that one lasted a good half hour too.

Cheese & biscuits or toast as the best thing to have when you get in from the pub. Can't remember the outcome of that one.

The most recent being "Are we alone in the universe" as I sat in a friends garden in cornwall at 3am staring up into the night sky. Just don't get that round here. Too much light pollution I guess.
Tue 08/11/05 at 09:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Me and my mates once had a weird conversation about if someone in the pub was a bloke or a woman. It really wasn't clear either way and we were analysing every bit of his/her body trying to reach agreement. He/she was also with a mixed group which made it harder.

We never did and no-one had the guts to go and ask him/her even though we were plastered and then he/she left. Still occasionally comes up in conversation and we've never seen him/her since.
Tue 08/11/05 at 07:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ms Thraves wrote:
> Stuff

Do you have a RSS feed set up to tell you when Light posts?

You never seem to miss one, considering: -

1) He's rarely posted here recently.
2) You always claim to just casually browse these forums.
Tue 08/11/05 at 07:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Discussions about religion and booze don't mix well. You might have well have stuck with something a little less dangerous, like politics. ;D
Tue 08/11/05 at 02:43
Regular
"8==="
1. Not funny
2. Very pathetic
Tue 08/11/05 at 02:11
Regular
Light not giving a hoot about the church is like..like, full of equine nuggets, indeed.. Mmhm. Score one for the good lady.

You know, I'll never understand why people get angry when they're inebriated. Bad spirits? Heh. Gosh, gosh, gosh..I can't seem to get beyond Light being slanged by the good lady.. *visualizes over and over and over and over and ..*

Making me smile so.
Tue 08/11/05 at 00:59
Regular
"8==="
monkey_man wrote:
>
> EDIT #3: But still, I have done far more stupid things whilst sober.

Do go on.
Tue 08/11/05 at 00:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Not arguments, but standout drinking occassions:

Laughing like loons at "mini-gute". Loudly.

Trying to sell my jeans in a chip shop when I was 16 and an idiot.
EDIT: I was wearing them at the time, they were white Levis!
EDIT #2: I had a matching white Adidas (knockoff) puffa jacket.

Telling a friend I could abort his girlfriend's baby with alcohol.

Almost stacking a child's bike into a pile of sick.

Sprinting away from a taxi, tripping, waking fully-clothed in a puddle of my own dry sick, covered in scratches and wondering why.

Needless to say I've had some "bad" experiences with drink, which is why I don't anymore.

EDIT #3: But still, I have done far more stupid things whilst sober.
Tue 08/11/05 at 00:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm warned am I?

I'll showwws yooousss (hic)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.