GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/11/05 at 05:28
Regular
"8==="
Can't find the old one.

Metal/Heavy Metal/Industrial/Darkwave/Whatever other crappy genre the media has lazily labelled a group of bands with.

Punk/Heavier Pop can be included too if you feel like mentioning some stuff that's not quite 'metal'.

So, any new stuff out there that's worth a listen?
Mon 07/11/05 at 13:30
Regular
"8==="
Read the title post then.
Mon 07/11/05 at 13:11
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I don't consider them to be metal.
Sun 06/11/05 at 23:49
Regular
"Catch it!"
Bullet for my Valentine-Poison. Suppose to be great album.
Sun 06/11/05 at 23:44
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
That's great.

Now to recommend some stuff that you may/may not like and may/may not want to download. Most of you probably won't have even heard of any of these bands (except Yngwie), so maybe it'll be something different for you.

Cathedral - Ride
Burzum - Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown (how weird a title is that)
Emperor - With Strength I Burn
Burzum - My Journey To The Stars
Obituary - Lockjaw
Burzum - Key To The Gate
Yngwie Malmsteen - Evil Eye (I don't care what you think about Yngwie, this tune has some very cool catchy riffs and melodies in it)
Burzum - Dunkleheit

I shouldn't like Burzum. Varg is such a racist nob. But I do love Burzum :(

So did I just kill the thread?
Sun 06/11/05 at 21:59
Regular
"8==="
"Darkwave is a music genre that is synthesizer driven, and often considered to be gothic rock. It comes from a similar lineage of history as gothic, industrial, and ebm music, sharing many of the same founding roots as those more popular genres. Some labels that specialize in this "prettier" side of goth/industrial movement include World Serpent and Middle Pillar"
Sun 06/11/05 at 21:41
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Wtf is "darkwave"?
Sun 06/11/05 at 15:33
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Good rhyming there, not for me either.

The last 2 albums I've got have been concept albums from 1983...
Sun 06/11/05 at 15:31
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Hell no!
Sun 06/11/05 at 15:19
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
emo?
Sun 06/11/05 at 11:37
"Retarded List"
Been meaning to pick up Trivium's album.

True, the vocals do seem a bit... can't quite think of the right word, but I think I could live with them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.