GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will Nintendo get it right with their next console?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/09/04 at 15:50
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
As a Nintendo fan i've really despaired at how well (or not) the Gamecube has done sales wise.

We all know that one of Nintendos biggest downfalls is its inability to commission any really good advertising.

The current news also indicates that Nintendo are on a rocky financial footing and are looking to the GBA / DS to keep them afloat.

The loss of some of the big names in game production during the Gamecubes life hasn't helped but can you blame any company for pulling the plug when outlay exceeds income!

Will the success of the GBA/DS really decide Nintendos fate or will someone at the top finally get to grips with some real 'in yer face' advertising for their next home console?

Heres hoping................!!!
Sun 03/10/04 at 12:31
Regular
I'd put all the tracks from Rock N Roll Racing on.

Zoomiong down the highway listening to Born To Be Wild and Bad To The Bone is ahelluva lot better than pushing L2 on the PS2 every single song to find a good one.
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Rickoss wrote:
> Custom soundtracks are a nice little feature. Especially considering
> the shiite that most games have pre-set.

Got to agree. My mate's Burnout 3 on Xbox is supremely improved with his Prodigy tracks. Mwhar.
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:26
Regular
Custom soundtracks are a nice little feature. Especially considering the shiite that most games have pre-set.
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:18
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> I think Custom soundtracks is just a gimmick. If it isn't meant to
> suit the game it can put you off.

Then it's all about setting up a soundtrack or two to suit each game then.
Sat 02/10/04 at 14:55
Regular
I think Custom soundtracks is just a gimmick. If it isn't meant to suit the game it can put you off.
Sat 02/10/04 at 11:05
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Custom soundtracks is rubbish.
>
> Anyone heard of a CD player/PC/ANYTHING that plays music?!!

You should still be able to have custom soundtracks, some people don't have a CD player as well (it's possible), and those that do may not have enough sockets to put them all in at once, not to mention the extra electricity used, and the fact that once a cd's finished you need to pause, and change it, instead of being able to randomise all of your CD's in one game, like an iPod but not portable.
Sat 02/10/04 at 10:55
Regular
one-eye wrote:
> Well I heard at one point since the Gamecube's release that GBA games
> were outselling GC games... which says something about Nintendo's fan
> base.

Considering it is one of the biggest selling systems out there that doesn't surprise me for a second.
Sat 02/10/04 at 10:53
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Will Nintendo get it right with the Gamecube.
>
> They may pull it round yet.
>
> HD + Custom Soundtracks + A plethora of decent online titles?

Yeah that wouldn't do it for me I'm afraid.
Sat 02/10/04 at 00:05
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:
> Headset is in your ear. Hence easy to hear.

Hedfix wrote:
> Not when you listen to music as loud as I do.

Cyclone wrote:
It's a semi-redundant feature, especially as my TV
> speakers are awful.

semi-redundant for you then.
Fri 01/10/04 at 23:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Headset is in your ear. Hence easy to hear.

I can have Rage, Mars Volta, anyone at pretty damn high levels and still hear. It's a semi-redundant feature, especially as my TV speakers are awful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.