GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NaNoWriMo"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/11/05 at 23:34
Regular
"not dead"
It's National Novel Writing Month

[URL]http://www.nanowrimo.org[/URL]

The idea is to write at least 50000 words of a novel, by the 30th November.

I've signed up, finally decided to get a neovel written. 2200 words (ish) done on the first day.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:48
Regular
Sounds like bad news.
Adrian Mole blew it with Pandora when he asked to see her nipple.
But that was a fiction written by a woman. Written by a man could give us a whole new story! :-)
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:44
Regular
"not dead"
That's coming shortly. Mid 1990. Pavarotti, Platt's volley, Gazza's tears, and unhooking that bra.
Thu 17/11/05 at 14:13
Regular
Aye aye... this based on a real person?

Meka Dragon wrote:
> You ever read one of those autobiographies? They're ripe for
> mocking.
>
> Also featuring the worst sex scenes evar.

Ah! That's the Meka we know and love!
So how does he do in his mission to see Carol's boobs?
Tue 15/11/05 at 21:37
Regular
"not dead"
> [URL]http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=109213[/URL]

New excerpt posted.

Way too filthy to go on here. For the record, he's 14 at this point, and having some powerful feelings.

Remember this is first draft, straight onto the page stuff.
Sun 13/11/05 at 09:14
Regular
"not dead"
The trouble with it is, I'm now 16000 words in, and he's still an eight year old. Got to get into his first crush, wet dreams, losing his virginity to an older woman, roasting with a team mate, and worried that he has a crush on his team mate, playing abroad winning the world cup, getting married, having children - and each non-footballing event that occurs is somehow related to something in his football career -even events at the age of 8, he believes have made a massive impact on his career etc.

Of course, what I've written so far is largely trash, but the idea is to get it written, then once it's done, get it right.
Sat 12/11/05 at 23:48
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I like the way the stories are presented in that silky book form.
Sat 12/11/05 at 22:57
Regular
"not dead"
Aye, that's me.

Basically it's the life story of a footballer.

You ever read one of those autobiographies? They're ripe for mocking.

Also featuring the worst sex scenes evar.
Sat 12/11/05 at 21:41
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=109213[/URL]

Is that you, Meka? The extract from your novel is very unhelpful, I still have no idea of what it's about.
Sat 12/11/05 at 21:21
Regular
"0228"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Unless I win my Shoot the Writers episode

Is that coming up this Thursday?

Also on the subject of Shoot the Writers, I watched the first sketch of an episode a couple of weeks ago. It was a blatant rip-off of the ancient Winnie the S*** joke. I hope your sketches are a bit more original.
Sat 12/11/05 at 21:07
Regular
"not dead"
14000 words now.

Thing is, I've had this idea for an age, but always found reasons not to start. Come the end of the month I should have my 50000 words. Most of it will be trash, but all the ideas are down on paper, and i have something I can work with. Much, much better than an idea stuck in my head, and I am so glad that I started it.

I'm going to go at it for a bit longer, want to be at 20000 by the end of the weekend, and I have no more 'no-no' days, where i have social plans that'll ruin everything.

Unless I win my Shoot the Writers episode, and have ot hurriedly write a bunch of new sketches for the semis, but that'll be a good problem to have if it happens.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.