GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/11/05 at 15:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ok, hands up, I have never - knowingly - heard a piece of music by Pink Floyd before. Never. This is shocking. So today I acquired (through means I'll leave you to speculate on) Dark Side of the Moon, and it is chuffing spectacular. I can see where most of the bands I listen to, and made me pick up the guitar, got their ideas from.

Excellent. What's their other stuff like?
Thu 03/11/05 at 11:38
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Anyone listened to Final Cut?

All about the Falklands war .. very powerful and was banned in the UK when it was released. My Dad picked up a copy of it while working in Germany.
Wed 02/11/05 at 13:46
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Azul luvs u wrote:
> I also suggest you get Pulse, a live album they released some time
> around 95. Comfortably Numb on it is just glorious, along with Shine
> On You Crazy Diamond.

Well worth getting as a live album, was even better being there. Live Floyd shows quite frankly pee on anything else I've ever seen. Saw them in Rotterdam in 95, totally awesome.

Momentary Lapse of Reason is one of my fave albums, but you can't beat a good old "chill" to Comfortably Numb.
Wed 02/11/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Kaiserfan"
Brilliant album though i think its isnt as good as The Wall

The Wall The Movie is great as well
Wed 02/11/05 at 09:24
Regular
"lets go back"
Any of you got a copy of the wizard of OZ?

[URL]http://www.everwonder.com/david/wizardofoz/[/URL]

I'll probably be sad enough to try this out one day.

So anyway, Im just listening to the album for the first time. So far it reminds me of Frances the Mute by the Mars Volta. A mix between "normal" songs, odd pieces of music and random sounds. Very strange and really not what I expected at all.
Tue 01/11/05 at 23:36
Regular
Meddle is astounding.

I'm possibly a bit biased since it was the first one that I listened to, but the album as a whole is wonderfully put together. The electric opening of One of These Days, the drifty tones of the middle order and the epic Echoes... ah, brilliant.

Listen to it, then again when you're half asleep.
Tue 01/11/05 at 23:35
Regular
"8==="
You, shush.
Tue 01/11/05 at 23:35
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Don't call me a gimp! I'm handy.
Tue 01/11/05 at 23:34
Regular
"8==="
You called M_M a gimp.
Tue 01/11/05 at 23:33
You called him a gimp after I called you a joke, so that doesn't make sense anyway.
Tue 01/11/05 at 23:32
Regular
"8==="
down wrote:
> You're a fairly simple joke.

Look, I already called him a gimp so leave off the man.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.