GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 35"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/10/05 at 07:59
Regular
"Laughingstock"
It's short story competition number thirty-five!

I'll come straight to the point. The theme is

The Woods

Closing Date - November 15th

--------------

Result

Thanks to all who entered, this, maybe the final SSC on these forums. Who knows?

As always it was difficult to pick a winner.

The Runner's-up

FFF - Troupe. I like everything you write (even if you don't like it yourself). This was the usual enchanting and mazy creation.

Stryke - Acres of Shadowland. Once again an intriguing read, written in that likeable style of yours.

Meka Dragon - In The Woods Lies A Cabin. You're like an Amazon forest of variety and creation. Last time a musical, this time a creepy ghost story. I always see your stories being turned into pieces of cinematic drama. To my mind you are a very commercial writer - and I say that in the best possible way.

Prophet - Across The Mountain Forest. This felt like I'd opened a novel by an established author and read a couple of pages. It is so well-written and polished. Very nearly won.

The Winner

Ineedsleep - Just Passing Through. This reminded me of what the SSC is all about. Short and sweet, concisely expressed and mapped out, simple and effective. Just liked it the most.

So is this the last one, or are we just gonna carry on? I feel like I should make a speech or something... (better not).
Tue 15/11/05 at 19:09
Regular
I've made a badge and everything.
Tue 15/11/05 at 19:06
Regular
"0228"
Stryke wrote:
> That's a terrible terrible idea :)

You just want the honour of being the last notable and last SSC winner.
Tue 15/11/05 at 19:04
Regular
Bob, you're an awful awful writer. Maybe you're a good architect, or have the skills of a painter. Go find out.
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:59
Regular
"Catch it!"
No it's not I am going to read through mine more this time, and see what is wrong and make it right.
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:55
Regular
That's a terrible terrible idea :)
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:46
Regular
"0228"
Do it now then.

I say bob should have the final win, just for the effort that he's put in over the last few months.
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:44
Regular
"Laughingstock"
These forums might not be here tomorrow for me to judge it.
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:27
Regular
"Catch it!"
Will be adding my today straight after dinner.
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:17
Regular
"Laughingstock"
If this place is closing down, this could well be the last SSC...
Tue 15/11/05 at 17:13
Regular
"Cool!"
Todday at midnight it's judging time!? Cool. I'll have to see the results tommorow.

[S] Cool [S]

I really like some of the entries.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.