GetDotted Domains

At GetDotted, a 1 year .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk or .org.uk registration is now just £1.95 ex VAT.

Search Domains Now

Viewing Thread:
"American Beauty"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/10/05 at 11:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
Posts: 13,017
Just wondering what you all think of American Beauty. I know it's not a recent movie or anything I've just been talking about it with my flatmates and a lot of them think it's rubbish but I really enjoyed it and thought it was a nice little intersection of American life.


I can't be the only one who likes it, surely?


What do you think to the movie?
Wed 02/11/05 at 14:15
Regular
Posts: 14,117
.
Wed 02/11/05 at 14:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Posts: 10,009
Yes I've been waiting for a thread to explode into a war of words for ages!
Wed 02/11/05 at 12:28
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Posts: 7,093
Your Honour wrote:
> Hahahahahaha!
>
> This has to be the most pathetic thread on here.
>
> Etc etc.
>
> Keep it up lads, eh?
Wed 02/11/05 at 12:11
Regular
Posts: 14,117
Hedfix wrote:
> Ah but those were re-typed by your own admission at the bottom of
> that post. Mine seemed to be fairly accurate but I didn't take them
> all as exact copies.

No they weren't, I copied and pasted them (meh, I was bored) the bit where I say that the wording isn't correct was where I posted:

"You're sad!"
"No, no, you're sad!"
"Yeah, but you fight chavs, apparently."
"But, umm, at least I've got a job."
"Yeah. Whacking off over snuff films."
"But, you're sad!"


As I said, there were other comments completely unrelated (in my view) that I haven't quoted.


> If someone tries to get me to view snuff/posts it thinking it's
> funny: it is personal.

You didn't have to watch it. Plus, it was a load of rubbish anyway.


> I think you'll find that I didn't. If you think anything I've said
> about Para in this thread is made-up I can assure you it isn't. I've
> been privy to MSN convo's with the fool on many occasions and have
> witnessed his idiocy on there first-hand. It all adds up to show
> exactly how much of a sad, and rather sick, freak he's become and
> when that spreads onto the forums it isn't to be tolerated.

I don't think you made anything up, but let me ask you. If you dislike him so, who have you had "convo's" (i.e. more than one) with him?
Wed 02/11/05 at 11:29
Regular
"8==="
Posts: 33,481
Your Honour wrote:
>
> I never assumed that you assumed I was talking about just you
> at all.

Your Honour wrote:
> My my Hedfix, you do have a high opinion of yourself, don't
> you? You weren't the only one in that discussion, were you? Yet you
> automatically assume I was talking about you.



>
> I gave many more quotes below.

Ah but those were re-typed by your own admission at the bottom of that post. Mine seemed to be fairly accurate but I didn't take them all as exact copies.

That one was not only childish it also
> had nothing to do with snuff films. It was a personal attack
> completely unrelated to the point at hand. Because of this I feel it
> was a pointless comment. If you feel it was acceptable then we'll
> have to agree to disagree on this one, won't we?

If someone tries to get me to view snuff/posts it thinking it's funny: it is personal.

>
> I could go into the other non-topic related insults. Such as the ones
> against you for apparently not having a job, on the one about telling
> someone to jack of over Tron. But I won't.
>
>
> >If someone childishly thinks it's funny to try and show kids a
> movie of someone dying I think you'll find some people might just
> take that personally. Yes let's have a reasoned debate about the
> merits and pitfalls of posting snuff, no: Paradox is a ****. Finito.
>
> I agree that it was stupid to put a link to something like that on
> here, don't get me wrong. However, why didn't you just say
> "Paradox is a ****. Finito." Rather than act like a kid in
> a playground?

I think you'll find that I didn't. If you think anything I've said about Para in this thread is made-up I can assure you it isn't. I've been privy to MSN convo's with the fool on many occasions and have witnessed his idiocy on there first-hand. It all adds up to show exactly how much of a sad, and rather sick, freak he's become and when that spreads onto the forums it isn't to be tolerated.

>
> Idiot.
>
> Yes, yes you are.
>
> Quite possibly, but I'm certainly not the only one on here.

No there's Paradox too. Although he's far more idiotic.
Wed 02/11/05 at 11:18
Regular
Posts: 14,117
Hedfix wrote:
> Yet you automatically assume I was assuming that you were talking
> about just me.

I never assumed that you assumed I was talking about just you at all.


>
> Wrong.

Yes, yes you were.


> Whole conversation being childish? So you claim that after giving one
> quote.

I gave many more quotes below. That one was not only childish it also had nothing to do with snuff films. It was a personal attack completely unrelated to the point at hand. Because of this I feel it was a pointless comment. If you feel it was acceptable then we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, won't we?

I could go into the other non-topic related insults. Such as the ones against you for apparently not having a job, on the one about telling someone to jack of over Tron. But I won't.


>If someone childishly thinks it's funny to try and show kids a
> movie of someone dying I think you'll find some people might just
> take that personally. Yes let's have a reasoned debate about the
> merits and pitfalls of posting snuff, no: Paradox is a ****. Finito.

I agree that it was stupid to put a link to something like that on here, don't get me wrong. However, why didn't you just say "Paradox is a ****. Finito." Rather than act like a kid in a playground?

> Idiot.
>
> Yes, yes you are.

Quite possibly, but I'm certainly not the only one on here.
Wed 02/11/05 at 11:13
Regular
"8==="
Posts: 33,481
Your Honour wrote:
>
> For example, I point out you're being childish with the whole
> "Breaking people up on MSN" comment. Yet you ignore it
> completely.

Errr it's called revealing the character of someone idiotic enough to think snuff is funny.
Wed 02/11/05 at 11:11
Regular
"8==="
Posts: 33,481
Your Honour wrote:
> My my Hedfix, you do have a high opinion of yourself, don't
> you? You weren't the only one in that discussion, were you? Yet you
> automatically assume I was talking about you.

Yet you automatically assume I was assuming that you were talking about just me.

Wrong.

>
> As you've brought the subject onto you, I'd like to point out that
> you were just berating someone for watching snuff films. I quote:
>
> "I think he should be making up stories about having sex in
> vans and also trying to break up relationships over MSN for kicks.
> Oh no, that's a bit cliched now isn't it?
"
>
> Nothing to do with snuff films in that post. A much more personal and
> childish attack. Hence my earlier post about the whole conversation
> being childish.

Whole conversation being childish? So you claim that after giving one quote. If someone childishly thinks it's funny to try and show kids a movie of someone dying I think you'll find some people might just take that personally. Yes let's have a reasoned debate about the merits and pitfalls of posting snuff, no: Paradox is a ****. Finito.

>
> Idiot.

Yes, yes you are.
Wed 02/11/05 at 11:07
Regular
Posts: 14,117
Do you actually bother to read the post you're supposedly replying to? It's just that you never really respond to it. You just post something that has little to do with it.

For example, I point out you're being childish with the whole "Breaking people up on MSN" comment. Yet you ignore it completely.
Wed 02/11/05 at 11:00
Regular
"8==="
Posts: 33,481
Me and Tilt found Para's post offensive/distasteful I'd say I know Tilt fairly well compared to most other posters on here and we both have a pretty no-nonsense approach to this sort of idiocy whether we get creative about berating someone about being the sort of **** who thinks it's funny to post snuff on this forum or not.

Idiot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.