GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oi! Redneck, in 'ere!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/10/05 at 11:53
Regular
So is that Star Wars: Battlefront 2 any good?
Sat 29/10/05 at 20:38
Regular
You wouldn't be able to touch me, i'd sideslash out of the way and give you a vicious slash into the back.
Sat 29/10/05 at 20:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Nah, I woulda had your skin as a new pair of underwear and been corpse humping you by the time you even thought of using the move. ;-)

The one player was pretty cool in that game, would be nice if they put together a cool dueling system for it. Could make for some cool fights rather than than the manic handbag swinging most players resorted to.
Sat 29/10/05 at 20:52
Regular
Well I got it when most of the community was gone and you had some real pro battles. I remember having some pretty amazing 5 - 10 minute duals being all Jedi like and such.
Sat 29/10/05 at 21:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I had a few, but then other games came out and I stopped playing it. Battlefront is the only game that has kept my attention for the longterm, but now I have Battlefront 2, so I guess the other game can finally have a rest. :-)
Sat 29/10/05 at 21:16
Regular
"8==="
So, stats or no stats?
Sat 29/10/05 at 23:39
Regular
Why does everyone love stats?
Sat 29/10/05 at 23:50
Regular
No idea, maybe so they can have monthly reviews on what areas they are lacking skill so they can develop that ability more in hard 1 player training?
Sun 30/10/05 at 00:20
Regular
"8==="
I like to see if I'm improving and it's fun to have friendly competition with others on my friendlist.
Sun 30/10/05 at 03:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yup there are scoreboards. Campaign mode can be a chore - the objectives idea is all well and good, but certain things let it down. While you have a limited number of troops (which tends to rise a little when you achieve an objective), the CPU doesn't have a limitation. This means that more often than not, a shedload of enemy troops will come spewing out of one spawn point constantly, making it very difficult to take a position. Doesn't help much when your team are about as helpful as a bloke with no limbs. Plus you're the only one who can take a spawn point, so you can't take a supportive roll very much and you end up being forced to run upand down rushing through everything before the CPU just wipes out your band of retards.

That is only one of two complaints I have about the game. The other is the ATST - its pretty crap now and that makes Endor a pig to beat.

Other points about the game...

The ATAT is even more awesome than before now. No having two drivers anymore though. The one driver handles both the main guns and the cheek guns. Its alot better to use and shooting Snowspeeders down is easier than before.

Remember the pilots that repaired vehicles they were using ? Well you only see them on space missions now, so you can't repair a ground vehicle as you use it. The best you can do is to pick an engineer, then get out the vehicle and repair it manually.

Hoth space battle, Tatooine space battle, but no Endor space battle ??

Anyone feeling put off by the campaign mode, don't worry - theres conquest mode and thats a really good single player mode. Plays more like the old game, no objectives and you have more freedom to approach the battles, taking on more varied roles. With the points you win from the battles, you can spend them on more troop roles to select from and bonuses to use in other battles.

Some cool maps in the game, but I wonder why they left out Endor space battle and Bespin. Maybe they'll be downloadable content in the future.
Sun 30/10/05 at 07:52
Regular
"8==="
Having infinite enemies sucks. :(

I'll still be getting this though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.