GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Sat 02/10/04 at 23:06
Regular
Well, I've got it. I'm not entirely sure what to think of it yet.. I just managed to buy my house on my very first day, which well, makes it seem like I just completed the game in about two hours.

I'm sure there's much more to it than I'm seeing right now, guess I have to be patient. It's wonderfully charming though, not quite the levels of Earthbound, but nice enough.

I want my little Elf guy to learn self-defence though, because those police dogs don't look like they'd do much to prevent crime, especially giving me all the lost and found items.

Can I become a superhero? I'll have to design my own costume, naturally.
Sat 02/10/04 at 23:12
Regular
The "no" was refering to your question about being a superhero.

Unless planting lots of trees counts as being a superhero.
Sat 02/10/04 at 23:11
Regular
New Year's Eve
Fri, Dec 31, 11 p.m. - 1 a.m.
Animal Crossing bring a new meaning to the phrase "Party Animal." Go down to the lake between 11pm, December 31st and 1am, January 1st to celebrate the start of a new year with your fellow villagers. There will be a countdown to the new year and there will also be a fireworks bonanza. Find Tortimer amongst the crowd and he will give you a noisemaker as a memento of the occasion.

Good God. Does anyone really want to be inside, on their own, playing a computer game on one of the only days of the year that everyone celebrates?

I guess you can do whatever you like, but wow.
Sat 02/10/04 at 23:11
Regular
No.
You'll be bored of it in a fortnight-a month.
From here onwards it's just "Upgrade your house with more space her, with a roof, with a basement" and keep paying money.
I think once you pay it all off you get to uy yourself a statue, but I can't remember if I actually got that far - it got a bit boring quickly as it'[s the same old.

"I leant this to him, can you get it back? But this person has already lent it to somebody else in return for this, can you give him this back?"

Gah.
Bad game. I bought Skies with the money I got back for selling it (a 2 quid loss on a brand new game after a month, not bad).
Sat 02/10/04 at 23:06
Regular
Well, I've got it. I'm not entirely sure what to think of it yet.. I just managed to buy my house on my very first day, which well, makes it seem like I just completed the game in about two hours.

I'm sure there's much more to it than I'm seeing right now, guess I have to be patient. It's wonderfully charming though, not quite the levels of Earthbound, but nice enough.

I want my little Elf guy to learn self-defence though, because those police dogs don't look like they'd do much to prevent crime, especially giving me all the lost and found items.

Can I become a superhero? I'll have to design my own costume, naturally.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.